PC Lag After A Few Minutes of Play

SkyLink

Official Terrarian
Is anyone else having problems with lag? My game starts to slow down if I spend time on it, less than 20 minutes if I'm not mistaken. And the only way to solve this is to get in and out of the game all the time, which is tiring, would anyone know how to solve it? It wasn't like that before.

Yes I have had it! Finally someone else has experienced it. I use Linux so my problems are probably different but for me I open htop(shows all processes running) and I watch as the ram usage goes from acceptable to utterly ridiculously. Using all my ram on my system until the game crashes. I only experienced it with modded but I started to see a similar pattern on vanilla. I would need to play it for hours to see if the issue persists though. The problem is that the ram usage goes up but does not drop eventually crashing the game.

I think it may be an issue with XNA since nearly ever issue someone has on this game is related to XNA. To install it(if it is not already installed) go to this link:

XNA redistributable Frameworks 4.0

Oh and make sure to tell me if it works because I've given this link to multiple people and do not own windows so I cannot see if it still works in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom