tModLoader Large World Enabler

Does this mod require you to download terrariaModloader? Reason why I'am saying this is because there is a tModloader folder despite not downloading it. I only downloaded TerraCustom.
Large World Enabler is a tmodloader mod. TerraCustom doesn't require tmodloader, but it will load installed tmodloader mods if they are present. (This may have the side effect of making a ModLoader folder in your Save directory even if you don't use tmodloader, but that's it. It's not a problem.)

If you use TerraCustom to generate a world larger than "Large", then you have to use tModLoader and Large World Enabler since vanilla Terraria can't load them.

Large World Enabler needs to be updated, latest tMod refuses to load it and thus throws an:

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at LargeWorldEnabler.LargeWorldEnabler.Load()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

error afterwards. ( While game is initially starting up ).

Despite tMod loading it just fine on first run, with no errors. Subsequent loads result in the halt.

8 gigs of ram on a 64bit platform...so shouldn't be actually exceeding memory space.

Last edited:
Large World Enabler needs to be updated, latest tMod refuses to load it and thus throws an:

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at LargeWorldEnabler.LargeWorldEnabler.Load()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

error afterwards. ( While game is initially starting up ).

Despite tMod loading it just fine on first run, with no errors. Subsequent loads result in the halt.

8 gigs of ram on a 64bit platform...so shouldn't be actually exceeding memory space.
You sure you are on 0.8.3.4?

You sure you are on 0.8.3.4?

Absolutely.

tModLoader specifically states that:

An error occurred while loading LargeWorldEnabler
It has been detected that this mod was built for tModLoader v0.8.3.2
However, you are using tModLoader v0.8.3.4
This mod has automatically been disabled.

Then exception error posted above.

Last edited:
I am having the same problem as above: But it seems to only happen when I do the 21:9 modification (to the exe, along with a dll hook file). When I run the unmodified tmodloader executable, everything works perfectly. Editing the .tmod CS' to change the tModLoader version thing to 0.8.3.4 (and rebuilding the mod) does nothing but changes the message from having a newer tmodloader to just disabling the mod without that error, and the Out-of-memory exception still present.

Why in the world would the 21:9 modification cause this problem?

Absolutely.

tModLoader specifically states that:

An error occurred while loading LargeWorldEnabler
It has been detected that this mod was built for tModLoader v0.8.3.2
However, you are using tModLoader v0.8.3.4
This mod has automatically been disabled.

Then exception error posted above.
Very weird. I've loaded it many times and no problems. Anyone else have problems?

I am having the same problem as above: But it seems to only happen when I do the 21:9 modification (to the exe, along with a dll hook file). When I run the unmodified tmodloader executable, everything works perfectly. Editing the .tmod CS' to change the tModLoader version thing to 0.8.3.4 (and rebuilding the mod) does nothing but changes the message from having a newer tmodloader to just disabling the mod without that error, and the Out-of-memory exception still present.

Why in the world would the 21:9 modification cause this problem?
I have no idea what the 21:9 modification is, or why you would apply that to the "dll hook file". I don't see how you could "rebuild" the mod either, (unless you know what you are doing.). And the 0.8.3.2 in the source is to prevent it from being loaded on lower versions, not higher.

I have no idea what the 21:9 modification is, or why you would apply that to the "dll hook file". I don't see how you could "rebuild" the mod either, (unless you know what you are doing.). And the 0.8.3.2 in the source is to prevent it from being loaded on lower versions, not higher.

Sorry, I couldn't remember the name of the modification. I found it from a Reddit post, and it is called RomTerraria. https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...omprehensive_guide_on_how_to_run_terraria_at/ The Reddit post in question.

'Rebuilding' is very simple, imo~

Just grab tModReader, extract the files of the tmod, edit the .cs using Notepad++ (Or anything really), then stick the newly editted .cs into tModLoader's Mod Source folder, and build the mod. Sorry for the misunderstanding about the lower version thing though. Didn't really take time to understand the line inside the CS, was just interested in changing the values from 0.8.3.2, to 0.8.3.4.

Sorry, I couldn't remember the name of the modification. I found it from a Reddit post, and it is called RomTerraria. https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...omprehensive_guide_on_how_to_run_terraria_at/ The Reddit post in question.

'Rebuilding' is very simple, imo~

Just grab tModReader, extract the files of the tmod, edit the .cs using Notepad++ (Or anything really), then stick the newly editted .cs into tModLoader's Mod Source folder, and build the mod. Sorry for the misunderstanding about the lower version thing though. Didn't really take time to understand the line inside the CS, was just interested in changing the values from 0.8.3.2, to 0.8.3.4.
Oh yeah, the source is there, makes sense.

Hold up, so RomTerraria works with tModLoader?

Anyway, changing that number will force it not to work. But yeah, if you are using the original, I don't know what RomTerraria is changing that breaks it.

Oh yeah, the source is there, makes sense.

Hold up, so RomTerraria works with tModLoader?

Anyway, changing that number will force it not to work. But yeah, if you are using the original, I don't know what RomTerraria is changing that breaks it.
Sorry for the late reply. When I saw that RomTerraria modifies the exe, I was a bit doubtful, but It does work with tModloader.

Even using your original mod, it throws that error. It only seems to be your mod though. It loads everything else like Crystilium, Tremor, Thorium, Calamity, etc.

Could it be the way that RomTerraria renders tiles to 21:9 (or more)? Or does this error suggest it does not even go through loading?

Nothing to really delve deeper into, as it is just a minor inconvenience. Unless the whole ultrawide community comes knocking on your door. hah

Hey, small question: Which tool did you use to edit/get the pic of the full world? Trying to use TEdit, but I can't see the modded Terrarain Gen.

Hey, small question: Which tool did you use to edit/get the pic of the full world? Trying to use TEdit, but I can't see the modded Terrarain Gen.
For modded terrain, I just use Heros mod to reveal the map, then screenshot in game.

Hey, did you fix the exception with the 0.8.3.4 Version? Because I'm still getting the load issue saying it was build for 0.8.3.2.

is it possible to generate even bigger worlds? like, double the size generated now? i have 32gigabytes of ram on a 64bit OS so i could probably handle generating it, but it may be hard to code?

is it possible to generate even bigger worlds? like, double the size generated now? i have 32gigabytes of ram on a 64bit OS so i could probably handle generating it, but it may be hard to code?
Regardless of the amount of RAM your computer has, a 32 bit application (Terraria is 32 bit because it is build on XNA) cannot access more than 4GB, but that 4GB is shared between all the 32 bit applications your computer happens to be running. (Which is still a large portion of programs you'll have.)

With the current limit, I can't run any other mods with both the width and height maxed, but I can comfortably run all the mods I want with max width and normal heights. (As I mention in the description, tall worlds are super boring.)

Pleas can you just update the version ... the game keeps throwing the version and memory described earlier
Hey, did you fix the exception with the 0.8.3.4 Version? Because I'm still getting the load issue saying it was build for 0.8.3.2.
K, well, I released 0.1.0.1. No code has changed, but maybe it'll fix something. As we've discovered earlier, the RomTerraria widescreen thing conflicts for some reason, so be aware of that.

I have a 12400x1800 world (1.5x wide and 0.75x tall compared to large), and for some reason harpies aren't spawning when I'm up in the sky. I'm guessing that means the sky biome's lower bound isn't as low as it should be. Is there any way to fix this? I'm about 8 hours into this map, and I don't want to go through the process of crafting all my tunnels and house in another one.

For new versions of this mod please implement more options for larger biomes. Currently I want one massive corruption biome and one massive crimson biome but the tool is limited to one regular biome or many regular sized biomes.
Also please add the option to reduce the number of subterranean chests. As it is if I choose max world size and reduce everything in the chest menu to 0 I'm still looking at likely to fail, too many chests warning messages.

For new versions of this mod please implement more options for larger biomes. Currently I want one massive corruption biome and one massive crimson biome but the tool is limited to one regular biome or many regular sized biomes.
Also please add the option to reduce the number of subterranean chests. As it is if I choose max world size and reduce everything in the chest menu to 0 I'm still looking at likely to fail, too many chests warning messages.
All that is unrelated to LargeWorldEnabler, next time post in TerraCustom thread. For those chests, check the Underground cabins in one of the other menus. As for massive biomes, maybe I'll add a feature like that.

Back
Top Bottom