WIP Larger spaceship

Drago Miakoda

Steampunker
Hey everybody,

Been working on this off and on for a while now, but I've been starting to run out of ideas to fill in the remaining gaps I have.

So, I present the TitanXH class starship, RES (Republic Exploratory Starcraft) Theia.
Capture 2016-07-24 23_37_51.png

Lighting still needs work too, I'm in the habit of using a light pet to see what I'm doing, so I forget that there's shadows in places when I walk away from them...

Anyways, this is a part of my love of scifi shows, in this case namely Star Trek. I started building her because I wanted to have a spaceship with a domed biosphere on its back, and the rest of the design kind of fell into place around that...well, except what's missing for now, of course.

Capture 2016-07-24 23_58_03.png

Up front, we of course have the bridge, along with the main sensor array and communications relay. There's also a forward gravomagnetic claw for lifting objects. The small domes of gemspark are meant to be navigation lights, there's a few more of them scattered about the hull.

Capture 2016-07-24 23_58_51.png
Next is a lounge meant for crew to relax in while not on duty. Beneath the staircase is the oxygen system and recycler, forward computer processing node, dining room and kitchen. The Martian conduit tunnels are maintenance pathways routed through the ship, which allow authorized personnel and data to be transmitted easier throughout the ship.

Capture 2016-07-25 00_31_07.png

Here is the crew quarters, where most of the ship's personnel reside. The higher officers (read; my four main player characters) reside in a restricted area beneath the rest of the crew with personalized quarters. You can also see the shooting gallery, the ship's armory (locked down due to the peaceful mission that the Theia is meant to be on) and even the thermal inhibitor drive, a miracle of engineering that laughs in the face of thermodynamics, actually creating cold. It makes for a great air conditioner or computer coolant. Which brings us to our next segment;

Capture 2016-07-25 00_15_54.png

Of course, here we have the biosphere, where our resident dryad Emerenta resides; she refuses to leave the biosphere if at all possible, though with her affinity for plants no one blames her. Beneath that lies biosample storage and the hydroponic sector, along with the ship's main coolant system and central computer core right next to the thermal inhibitor. You can also see the lab and the mushroom biome set aside for our future Truffle (for ease of building, this world hasn't reached hardmode yet).

Capture 2016-07-25 00_00_39.png

Below the biosphere we have the main cargo bay and loading dock, equipped with another gravomagnetic crane for ease of loading and unloading materials. We can see that the Theia is currently carrying a raw gravometric crystal, a strange substance that defies gravity; in its unrefined state, the crystal can be dangerous, hence why it is tethered down to the deck.

Capture 2016-07-25 00_22_38.png

Right next door we have our first showing that I haven't finished the ship just yet; the meteor bricks were supposed to be a heating coil or condenser, but I ran out of ideas of how to implement that and use the rest of the space I'd assigned...and removing that pesky altar. What is completed is the fluid storage tanks (minus some more honey I need to fill), the grand entrance hall and main airlock, and a shrine for any religious needs of the crew. The large sphere is a cross-section of a plasma-infuser core, the major power distributor of the Theia. The ship's hull acts as a gigantic solar panel, absorbing energy from its surroundings, but on its own it's not concentrated enough to power much of anything; as a result, the energy is transferred to one of three plasma-infusers, which concentrate the energy into a usable power supply, which is transferred throughout the ship via the central plasma conduit running along the inner spine.

Capture 2016-07-25 00_30_47.png
And finally, we have the main shuttle/landing bay and ship engineering. Engineering is a mess right now, I haven't figured out how I want to make it look super busy and informative yet. I did however finish the look of the engines and two major pieces of the Theia's core functions; the smaller node in purple martian blocks is the stealth calculator, a complex subprocessor designed to properly calculate how to effectively bend light around the Theia to avoid visual or sensor detection by hostile craft. These calculations are then fed into the gravitation core, outlined in lumininte brick. This refined gravity crystal is the stellar achivement of the Theia's builders, a complex system capable of bending the force of gravity itself to the captain's will. There's rumor that it could even cancel the draw of a black hole, even past the event horizon, but this is untested. However, on the topic of gravitational anomalies, there seems to be some unusual form of gravitational manipulation somewhere in the core's vicinity...perhaps it's just a sensor malfunction.

So that's my overview of this enormous (at least I think so) project of mine. I'd love to hear what you think of it and/or hear suggestions for improvements/filling out the missing pieces I still need to complete. If there's any questions feel free to ask, though I'm something of a space cadet and might not answer too promptly. Thanks for indulging me guys!

Attachments

• Capture 2016-07-25 00_15_54.png
    Capture 2016-07-25 00_15_54.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 452
  • Capture 2016-07-25 00_30_47.png
    Capture 2016-07-25 00_30_47.png
    2 MB · Views: 1,642
  • Capture 2016-07-25 00_31_07.png
    Capture 2016-07-25 00_31_07.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 606
Back
Top Bottom