Other Larger Worlds

Mythic

Terrarian
So, I'm super excited for 1.3.6 and absolutely thrilled about all the new worlds. Everything looks, and sounds wonderful. There is so much stuff already and I'm just sitting poised to make and play a new world with all the new stuff!

However, I am worried that there isn't enough space for all the things on the large worlds. While the underground feels fine and as though there is plenty of room for new biomes, the surface is feeling really cluttered already. With the new biomes it seems like there is going to be even less space for differing biomes and such.

Is there any possibility that we could get larger world sizes? Perhaps have the disclaimer on them if needed about performance or experienced players or slowed story progression etc? I'd love to be able to explore and terraform larger worlds in the base game.

I never play on large worlds however, I know that a medium world has enough room for one snow biome, one jungle biome, two evil biomes, one dungeon, two oceans, and multiple forests and deserts. I really dont think having larger world types just for more space on the surface is necessary. I'm assuming the oasis mini biome will be in one of the smaller deserts that don't have a hole in it.

And that's fantastic! Terraria is an awesome game and it's great to see that you can play your way.

I, however, want absolutely MASSIVE worlds. I'd love more surface space for biomes to appear and share on the surface so that some of the biomes don't feel so anemic. I want a sprawling dungeon with multiple major routes to explore instead of just one general direction. I wouldn't mind having multiple dungeons even. The surface is where I spend most of my time building and I am constantly running out of room. It can be frustrating when, during a run, I build something in the only available space and it ends up erasing or leaving the biome its intended for.

I'm not saying MOST people will want a world of the size I'm talking about. It'd slow progression and exploration, and would make travel between biomes more difficult and/or expensive to maintain. I think it'd be cool for people like me who want that massive space to build and explore in. Some of the surface biomes are really awesome.

The developers at one time intended to make an extra large world size option. That fell through I believe because there was saving issues. They have been overhauling the game engine so who knows we may get larger worlds at some point.

It world be interesting to have wider worlds instead of larger ones. Because the caves takes a huge size in the world.
Having a large surface on a medium sized cave can have some interests.

If they do this, it might be good to hide the option, like they currently do with texture packs and seeds, to stop new players from creating a world that's too large unintentionally and making travelling too slow and/or destroying their computers.

Back
Top Bottom