Biomes & Nature Lava Ocean

Since the surface has oceans, why can't the Underworld have Lava Oceans? It'd look just like the normal ocean, but lava instead of water. Like the normal ocean, it would always spawn at the rightmost 200 or so blocks of the world (Underworld in this case) and would come with it's own host of hazards and treasures. Unlike normal lava, items would not be destroyed upon being dropped into it (good luck getting them though!)

Enemies: Lava Shark (hardmode only): 2500 health
150 contact damage
Inflicts On Fire upon contact
Shoots balls of lava that deal 75 damage and inflict On Fire
Drops: Shark Fin (100%)
Firey Fin (0.5%)
It would be much bigger than the normal shark, (3 to 4 times as large at least) and prowl the surface of the lava until a player gets near, upon which it will roar loudly and begin spewing balls of lava at the player (like what Spazmatism does). It would not leave the lava and moves three times as fast as the normal shark (benefits of being an apex predator). The lava bolts have about a 500 foot range.

Magmatic Jellyfish: 250 health
25 contact damage
Drops: Lavalamp Glowstick (100% 2-8)
It's a jellyfish.

Demonic Eel: Uses worm AI but restricted to lava.
750 health
100 contact damage
Drops: None
It behaves like normal worms, but can't phase or travel through blocks.

From fishing:
Magma Minnow (bait): 35% Bait Power

Obsidian Shrimp: Consumable (caught in groups of 1 - 3)
Provides well fed buff

Along with all other fish normally caught in lava.

Lavalamp Glowstick: Provides slightly greater than normal amount of light. Behaves like normal Glowstick until it comes into contact with a monster, upon which it will stick to them, inflicting On Fire and 5 damage in 30 frame intervals. Dropping into water turns it into a normal Glowstick.

Fiery Fin: Summons the mighty Lava Shark mount!

5% Speed on land (why are you riding a fish on land???)
150% Speed in water, allows underwater breathing
350% Speed in lava, provides immunity to damage from lava while mounted.
Seems like a nice idea :D

I think it would be fine to have the oceans on either side of the world. Underworld is already mostly lava so it wouldn't be TOO noticeable, but it'd work fine. If the Sharks could spawn anywhere regardless it'd just be a nice touch.

I think it would be fine to have the oceans on either side of the world. Underworld is already mostly lava so it wouldn't be TOO noticeable, but it'd work fine. If the Sharks could spawn anywhere regardless it'd just be a nice touch.
I don't think that any other lava pool in Hell would be big enough for it to spawn (if I get my way it will be 30 blocks long by seven or eight tall)

Wow you've really been improving this while i was gone you little scamp. :dryadgrin: I really want to see how you vision the Volcanic Kraken I've always loved anything similar to squids they're my favorite animal and easily my favorite cephalopod. And a few minor things I have to ask, how long will the well fed buff last for the obsidian shrimp? 10, 15, 20, 30, 35, or 45 minutes and maybe allow it to be used as bait exclusive to lava or something. And you should get someone working on the Kraken's Horde sprite i imagine a shark/Kraken would look pretty awesome.

Wow you've really been improving this while i was gone you little scamp. :dryadgrin: I really want to see how you vision the Volcanic Kraken I've always loved anything similar to squids they're my favorite animal and easily my favorite cephalopod. And a few minor things I have to ask, how long will the well fed buff last for the obsidian shrimp? 10, 15, 20, 30, 35, or 45 minutes and maybe allow it to be used as bait exclusive to lava or something. And you should get someone working on the Kraken's Horde sprite i imagine a shark/Kraken would look pretty awesome.

For how I picture the boss,
lava_squid_by_melconcept-d5z86b2.jpg

As for the Obsidian Shrimp, they would provide the same Well Fed Buff that the rest of the fishy food items provide.
And last, I pictured the Sharkens as basically normal sharks, but everything past the dorsal fin would be a squid. And the dash attack would be faster than Fishron's, but not as fast as EoC's.

For how I picture the boss,
lava_squid_by_melconcept-d5z86b2.jpg

As for the Obsidian Shrimp, they would provide the same Well Fed Buff that the rest of the fishy food items provide.
And last, I pictured the Sharkens as basically normal sharks, but everything past the dorsal fin would be a squid. And the dash attack would be faster than Fishron's, but not as fast as EoC's.
That looks suweet.

Make the boss drop an item that turns you into a squid. Just for a Splatoon reference. I know it's like the neptune's shell but I DON'T CARE! `:p

Back
Top Bottom