tModLoader Legends Mod!

Are you even vaguely excited for this mod's eventual release?

• Yes!

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No, it looks like a pile of garbage and I'll stick with things like the Spirit and Decimation mods.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ephyrae

Steampunker
-----!!CURRENTLY ON A PERMANENT HIATUS!!-----

(Very few sprites and no screenshots yet. Anyone interested in working with me on this mod can message me. Also note that I have almost no experience with the Terraria forums, so this page is very unorganized)

This forum post will be updated occasionally as I come up with new ideas and add them. The google doc will be updated much more frequently as it's where I put ideas as I have them.

This is a very much work in progress mod that is currently in the planning stages of development. I hope to make it one of the biggest mods in the community by the end of it. I have a massive document filled to the brim with ideas for this mod and I encourage any and all ideas and support. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-sJvrjjVfJsSJ60aKTih_EnlPIoX7CiXyDjVXrdanKg/edit?usp=sharing (Note: The document is fairly unorganized as it was meant for my personal viewing)

SO for the actual mod? Here are the ideas:

Increase the difficulty!
Thinking expert mode has become too easy after a few hundred hours? Well, in this mod everything in expert mode will have higher stats and new AI, meaning more !fun! all around. Every boss will have new, incredibly difficult AI, meaning your ability to beat the boss will not lie solely with your gear, but rather with your skill.
Specifics for each boss in the doc

New environs!
A volcano biome is in the works. It will have eruptions in hardmode, similar to sandstorms, and many new enemies such as dragons.

New equipment!
Dragon armor, a new throwing/summoning hybrid set obtainable in hardmode, along with many many more obtainable weapons from every boss for each class. Banners for the missing mobs in the game, including boss banners, will be added as well.
Even more things in the doc!

Potions!
Vengeance potion creates a cloud of damaging miasma on the death of you or a party member.
Flask of explosives creates a damaging AoE upon hitting an enemy.
Flask of souls increases the drop rate of souls of light and night, but it cost souls of light and night to craft, meaning you have to work to make a profit with the potion.
Potion of immortality brings you back to life with 40% health on the spot if you die, consuming the buff and giving a 10 minute cooldown until you can use another.
Many more in the google doc!

Materials!
New ores and materials. Osmium from using platinum ore in the extractinator and iridium from using meteorite. Rose gold bars from combining copper, silver, and gold, as well as bronze bars for copper and tin. Onyx gemstones are added, giving a black gem variant.
Again, way more stuff in the doc

Mechanic changes!
All ores (Copper and tin, iron and lead, etc.) will spawn in the same world, as will crimson and corruption. Hardmode ore cycles will depend on the type of altar broken, so demon altars will have a set of ores and crimson altars will give the other 3. Many new changes with enemy mechanics too. Bosses no longer despawn at morning but instead go into a rage state. Solar eclipses don't count as day in terms of bosses becoming enraged. Blood moons and solar eclipses have unique boss AI for every single boss in the game. (Feel free to give suggestions if you like. I might just put it in the mod!) Potential new music for blood moon and solar eclipse boss fights.

New Reforges!
Adds a large amount of new summoner and throwing reforges as well as the ability to reforge armor. Throwing reforges will be applied to weapons like the bone glove and is intended mostly for modded weapons.

Legends mode!
Activates after killing the Moon Lord on an expert world. Increases enemy stats and introduces nearly as many new enemies as hardmode does. Also starts the next tier of boss progression.

And finally, BOSSES! (A few at the moment. Many more planned)

The Firebird, a post-Skeleton boss with attacks largely inspired from both Prince Dail battles from the game Freedom Planet. Summonable in the volcano biome.

Celestial Guardians, bosses that spawn when the threshold for lowering a pillar's shield is met. There are four to match each pillar during the lunar event and they must be defeated to take down the pillar's shield.

True Darkness, a post-Moon Lord boss inspired by Nytharlotep. Will exist similarly to the Moon Lord, meaning he lies in the background with focal points available to receive damage, but he will have completely different attacks and movement patterns. Who knows? You may not even see him coming.

The Outer Being, a post-Moon Lord boss inspired by Yog-Sothoth. This will mostly be an ad-orientated boss battle considering the fact that Yog-Sothoth is trapped outside of reality and can't actually fight you himself. Still, his omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, etc. will pose massive threats to you, especially when he has hordes of horrors at his disposal.

TRUTH. The sub-final boss. A massive WIP.

The Chaos, the true final boss. Again, a massive WIP.

Attachments

• Acid Blade.jpg
    Acid Blade.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Flashfreeze.jpg
    Flashfreeze.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 136
  • Shadow Blade.jpg
    Shadow Blade.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Frigus.jpg
    Frigus.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Incomplete Staff.jpg
    Incomplete Staff.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
I can post a viewing link to the document if anyone is interested. I constantly update it and it has information on every aspect currently thought up on the mod. Although, if I do this, the final boss will be spoiled.

Last edited:
Notice how things like Spirit Mod and Thorium Mod don't keep thinks wrapped up? Your mod isn't even finished yet, and will likely not be for some time with the stuff you have planned. Try and show as much content as possible, but not just ideas, which is basically all this mod is currently, from what the OP shows us. You want to capture people's interests, but not provide the same old stuff.

Also, I think there's console dragon armor. And dragon armor in Thorium. Or green dragon, can't remember. The point is that dragon armor is overused.

Notice how things like Spirit Mod and Thorium Mod don't keep thinks wrapped up? Your mod isn't even finished yet, and will likely not be for some time with the stuff you have planned. Try and show as much content as possible, but not just ideas, which is basically all this mod is currently, from what the OP shows us. You want to capture people's interests, but not provide the same old stuff.

Also, I think there's console dragon armor. And dragon armor in Thorium. Or green dragon, can't remember. The point is that dragon armor is overused.
I agree that I need to show more content. I just wrote this up in like 15 minutes to show that I have something planned. I WILL show sprites when I have them (many programs don't work for me, oddly) and I will definitely upgrade this page as much as I can. Also, in regards to dragon armor, I don't know what else to name it, as it comes from materials made from dragons.

Wow, this sound amazing! I can't wait for it to come out. A few pictures would be nice, I want to see the quality of the mod.

Wow, this sound amazing! I can't wait for it to come out. A few pictures would be nice, I want to see the quality of the mod.
As I said, it's still in the design phase so I haven't started actually creating it, but I will get there, don't worry!

Last edited:
This mod seems very interesting and introduces some new mechanics to the game.
Until you finish this mod, I'll support you.

Kinda got me hooked at the harder expert mode with the new AI's xP
Hope future development goes wonderfully, I'll wait and support 'til then :dryadwink:

So, uh. . . little issue I'm having. I use a mac as my computer for work reasons and I can't justify buying a pc JUST for this, especially because I'm still in highschool. I'm trying to get my friend to work on it for me but he is SUPER busy and I don't know anyone else who can help. I would totally not be against someone else on here helping me out (I'll give you all of the credit for making it) so long as it gets done. I'm ready to step out from in front of the drawing board and get to work! Anyone interested can either reply here or message me. I check this normally at least once a day and will probably do so more often now. Thanks!

I got one of my friends to help me work on this, but I can still use more people if anyone's interested. Also, I'm very excited to be adding new reforges! Just updated the page. The google doc has a lot of them listed near the current bottom.

I apologize greatly for my hiatus. I plan on keeping up this mod, but I have recently come up with an idea for a game and may sacrifice this project for it instead. If you are interested in seeing this mod not die you can message me and help out with it.

Back
Top Bottom