PC Let's Talk About 1.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capture 2015-07-06 00_36_02.png

Capture 2015-07-06 01_40_08.png

My mushroom Biome for my (Rude) Shroomy Friend :dryadsmile:

Don't you just love it when you get a Pirate Invasion early on in Hardmode when you still have Pre-Hardmode gear and you get spawnkilled 20 times in a row by a Pirate Captain and all your NPCs die?

You said no? That's unbelievable! How could you ever say that?!

Don't you just love it when you get a Pirate Invasion early on in Hardmode when you still have Pre-Hardmode gear and you get spawnkilled 20 times in a row by a Pirate Captain and all your NPCs die?

You said no? That's unbelievable! How could you ever say that?!

That made me really upset when it happened. Except I spawned in my bed XD

Ah... Expert mode. Feels refreshing to have a challenge to be completely honest. Having played the game through to full end-tier gear in 1.2, it was nice to see something so simple but great was implemented. With a bizarre difficulty curve, where the game starts really hard, becomes really easy by WoF, gets very hard immediately in hard mode, and then the mechs are pretty much a breeze. Haven't gotten past Plantera yet though :rolleyes:

All in all, such an amazing update, and I feel as Red has really outdone himself in his final update to the game, even though Yoraiz0r and Skiphs are still working on it. Even with the lag (Which can be solved easily, unless your on an unsupported / outdated OS [cough Windows XP cough]), the game is still enjoyable at a solid 51-54 FPS (Even when it drops towards 30 in that rare occasion).

Ah... Expert mode. Feels refreshing to have a challenge to be completely honest. Having played the game through to full end-tier gear in 1.2, it was nice to see something so simple but great was implemented. With a bizarre difficulty curve, where the game starts really hard, becomes really easy by WoF, gets very hard immediately in hard mode, and then the mechs are pretty much a breeze. Haven't gotten past Plantera yet though :rolleyes:

All in all, such an amazing update, and I feel as Red has really outdone himself in his final update to the game, even though Yoraiz0r and Skiphs are still working on it. Even with the lag (Which can be solved easily, unless your on an unsupported / outdated OS [cough Windows XP cough]), the game is still enjoyable at a solid 51-54 FPS (Even when it drops towards 30 in that rare occasion).

Agreed, this is a wonderful update and Expert Mode is more than a challenge for me. I also played through 1.2, reaching endgame multiple times.
Plantera, was probably the most frusturating boss so far, He hits hard and is quick. I posted a picture of an arena that I built to fight him if you want to take a look. :dryadsmile:
Goodluck getting past that jerK :dryadgrin:

That made me really upset when it happened. Except I spawned in my bed XD

ktrKGj4.png

Here's the whole invasion in a nutshell.

I seriously don't think I would have gotten past 10% of the invasion if I hadn't stood on a roof and camped the Pirates with mad yo-yo skills. This was pissing me off so bad that I was 100% tempted to grab an endgame Mage and Lunar Flare them all away. Luckily, I resisted.

This is absolute torture. When the message "The Pirates have been defeated!" came up, I think I shed tears of joy for the first time in my life. Then, it turned nighttime.

"You feel the air getting colder around you..."

Ragequit.

ktrKGj4.png

Here's the whole invasion in a nutshell.

I seriously don't think I would have gotten past 10% of the invasion if I hadn't stood on a roof and camped the Pirates with mad yo-yo skills. This was pissing me off so bad that I was 100% tempted to grab an endgame Mage and Lunar Flare them all away. Luckily, I resisted.

This is absolute torture. When the message "The Pirates have been defeated!" came up, I think I shed tears of joy for the first time in my life. Then, it turned nighttime.

"You feel the air getting colder around you..."

Ragequit.
That's horrid XD
I don't know what to tell you XD
Take a break and cool down %:sigh:

I have been insanely lucky in 1.3. In my 200+ hours before 1.3, I had got no key molds, no solar eclipses and it took me a very long time to find a rare hardmode dungeon drop.

In my 50 hours with 1.3, I have gotten 3 frozen keys, 2 natural solar eclipses (got a death sickle straight away), and I almost instantly got an inferno fork. I also got the unicorn mount.

I think with the advent of infinite flying mounts, wings should no longer be accessories and instead get their own personal slot with Hooks, Pets, Mounts, etc. Why would anyone want to waste an accessory slot for wings now when they have a mount they can fly around forever in and at crazy speeds too? I'd love to still be able to use wings as a preference for mobility but when you have an item that doesn't waste an accessory slot on TOP of being a completely superior choice for mobility it kind of throws away all of these aesthetic options, you know?

Flying is also just so necessary to combat, especially once you hit Hardmode. I don't think it would be overpowered to allow wings to take their own slot.

I believe there is now an equivalent candle to the water candle that decreases enemy spawn rate? If so I may have to take one absolutely everywhere I go.
Its sunflowers. Thats what decreases spawns.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436375298,1436374840][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think with the advent of infinite flying mounts, wings should no longer be accessories and instead get their own personal slot with Hooks, Pets, Mounts, etc. Why would anyone want to waste an accessory slot for wings now when they have a mount they can fly around forever in and at crazy speeds too? I'd love to still be able to use wings as a preference for mobility but when you have an item that doesn't waste an accessory slot on TOP of being a completely superior choice for mobility it kind of throws away all of these aesthetic options, you know?

Flying is also just so necessary to combat, especially once you hit Hardmode. I don't think it would be overpowered to allow wings to take their own slot.
Wings negate fall damage.

Fall damage isn't exactly a problem when you can fly forever. Some mounts also negate fall damage as well. One of them even shoots lasers to attack enemies for you. The point is they are far superior to wings and dont take up an accessory slot for it so why do wings need to be accessories? Would it really be too strong to have wings not take up an accessory slot when there are already items that are vastly stronger and don't take up an accessory slot either?

The problem is at endgame everyone is either in a UFO or Cute Fishron. There is no aesthetic variety. It makes wings useless - now they're aesthetic items that require an accessory slot to use. It would be nice to have the option to use them for travel as simply a visual alternative without hindering your potential in combat. Considering there's only 2 mounts for endgame combat that trump the full list of over 30 wing types.

I have been insanely lucky in 1.3. In my 200+ hours before 1.3, I had got no key molds, no solar eclipses and it took me a very long time to find a rare hardmode dungeon drop.

In my 50 hours with 1.3, I have gotten 3 frozen keys, 2 natural solar eclipses (got a death sickle straight away), and I almost instantly got an inferno fork. I also got the unicorn mount.
I can't agree more, I have also had incredible luck. in 70 hours, I have had all of my main accessories reforged to warding or menacing with only spending maybe 25 gold on each item. I have literally 5 Unicorn mounts, the Axe, 2 Dev outfits, and 3 Terrablades. Unfortunatly, no Keys yet, but I will get one soon! I'm glad to hear your run is going great! :dryadhappy:

I've noticed that it looks like mobs like zombies pick up coins as they pass by them (it plays the sound and animation). Is this what is actually going on?
Yeah. Damn hordes. Found that out the hard way.
As mentioned if you're playing multi someone else can kill the offending beast and they can rescue your money. If however you're on single player .... it can make it a long grind till you can afford a piggy bank.

As I'm still only just starting my first game of 1.3 I've decided to risk it and venture into the jungle with my tin armour and lead sword to see if i can get the vine, stingers and spores for an Amazon yoyo. 20 odd damage for a wep is pretty good early game and should keep me alive till i can farm something better.

Now all i have to do is stay alive in the jungle long enough ....

Yeah. Damn hordes. Found that out the hard way.
As mentioned if you're playing multi someone else can kill the offending beast and they can rescue your money. If however you're on single player .... it can make it a long grind till you can afford a piggy bank.

As I'm still only just starting my first game of 1.3 I've decided to risk it and venture into the jungle with my tin armour and lead sword to see if i can get the vine, stingers and spores for an Amazon yoyo. 20 odd damage for a wep is pretty good early game and should keep me alive till i can farm something better.

Now all i have to do is stay alive in the jungle long enough ....
Goodluck man, the only thing that's horrible in there are the hornets, in my opinion. I have never cursed at an enemy like I have at them %:sigh:

Thx.
Personally i hate the spiked slimes. Those things usually kill me while I'm looking out for the "hornet" that's shooting me. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom