Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So, I've discovered on my server that there are torches that are capable of freezing players. There is an attached world where you can experience this for yourself but I'll explain what I know here anyway.

As you see in the images below, there are torches in the form of lines, hence the name. My character in this image is frozen and the wings are no longer visible, my tuxedo shirt is still on despite me removing it, I no longer emit light from my solar armour and the stats from the cell phone are not being shown. The player is the only thing that freezes due to this bug, every other entity works normally. Thankfully, these torches can be destroyed.

I've found that this freezing issue only happens underground and makes no impact on the surface and above. From what I've been told, this issue is caused by torch luck.

20220725142930_1.jpg

20220725142853_1.jpg

As said before, you can experience this with the world attached to the thread named "Line_Torch_Character_Freeze.wld". There isn't much to say about this bug but it has appeared on my server so who knows, perhaps I won't be the only one who will have to put up with this. It's not really gamebreaking, it's just mildly annoying. At least you can destroy these torches.

Attachments

• Line_Torch_Character_Freeze.wld
    16.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
It is indeed caused by torch luck: your torches are corrupted in a way that causes the game to (silently) crash when calculating torch luck, which is what freezes the player.

I've notified the developers of this issue. Thank you for the report. ;)

Back
Top Bottom