• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Linux Dedicated Server Logs

Shufty

Terrarian
Hi All,

Having an issue with one of my 1.4.0.3 dedicated servers running on Debian 9. It seems to be crashing every few hours so I wanted to check the logs to figure out what's going on but I cant seem to find where it keeps its logs. Any ideas where it stores the logs?

Toanir

Terrarian
Hi,
I too am struggling with dedicated server. I'm using Linux GameServer Manager ( LinuxGSM_ ) to do the heavy lifting and too am facing occasional crashes.

This setup puts logs into my ~/log/script/terrariaserver-alert.log and in it, i discovered following:
Code:
Validating world save: 20%
Validating world save: 39%
Validating world save: 54%
Validating world save: 76%
Validating world save: 96%
Backing up world file
./TerrariaServer: line 42: 47903 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./${BASENAME}.bin.${ext} [email protected]
It sound slightly similarly so I thought to hop on this thread

Jedi_Monk

Terrarian
I'm having a similar issue, I believe it is an error with the autosave. The server is now at 1.4.0.4, but I'm still having the same issue.

Shufty

Terrarian
Interesting, the strange thing is im running two other terraria servers on the same linux box and they're rock solid, not a single crash.

Toanir

Terrarian
I suspect that... the world ..... it might be corrupted. :D (har har, it's actually crimson :p)

In my case it's a file generated on 1.4.0.2 and maybe a specific occurrence of edge cases happened in the world which cause the world verification go haywire.

Shufty

Terrarian
Just a vanilla server, since upgrading to 1.4.0.4 the crashes have ceased, so must have been a bug im guessing. Hoping 1.4.0.5 is just as stable.

Top Bottom