List of Terrarias 15 Big Bosses

Random Fellow

Skeletron
This list has been adjusted and made for Normal Mode only, no expert mode attacks will be mentioned. Once I am able to finish everything I will add the other bosses to this list.
Difficulty should never decide if something is good or bad. Balance and how fair something is should. Just explaining how you deal with a boss is never a way to review anything. Most lists have a lot of this, a review or list should never be personal opinion. In this list I looked past my personl thoughts and took many aspects of these nosses into mind. Are they fair? Do they demand knowledge and preparation? Do they feel alive; do they really want to kill the player? Is it fun and is it memorable?
Disclaimer:
This list has been editted from its original ranking. The changes are not that big, currently only Skeletron Prime and Golem had been editted.

I would have taken into account the different ways the player can encounter the boss for the first time weaker, stronger, or in the middle aswell as the different scenarios. Is there a high chance of the boss getting a cheap kill on the player in the start? Does the boss truly require skill? Is it fun, is it different? Can the boss be easily cheesed?
It is important to talk about the various ways the chesse a boss because the Slime King can easily be avoided because the player can use boots, make a platform or rope. This is important because there should be no easy way out of any fight and this could also make a fight seem dull.
My list of all the Big bosses

15. The Destroyer: Can be fun but is just a tanking competition with all of the lasers. You should beable to beat a boss with minimal damage taken but what were they thinking with the spammed lasers!?

14. King Slime: Fun gimmick, reminds me of the Big Met From Megaman 4 with the theme and build up. I like bosses like this but it would be cool to see some alternate versions, one for each biome would be nice. This boss can be cheesed which takes the fun away.

13. Skeletron: Skeletron is actually well designed and fun! The only problems are how the boss can be a bit dull and very little preparation is actually needed. I like the telegraphing with the spinning head and how the arms move around is entertaining and fun. Why not shoot fire from the eyes, just needed another attack to compliment what is already there.

12. Eater Of Worlds: This fight has a lot of potential and can be fough in a ton of different ways. Maybe out of this whole list. He is fun and exicting to fight while also being new. He just needed some actual attacks besides contact damage. Compared to other bosses he can be considered quite bland, the fight could have been better.

11. Eye of Cthulu: If I were to be asked to name a boss from any game this could be one of my answers. A very fun fight that really puts the newcomers to the test to see if they have gained or learned anything. Oftentimes the first boss fought but the point reduction comes from how easy the boss really is. He needed a third attack to replace the smaller eyes in the second part. Why not make him shoot blood or pull the player in with a tounge? Not to mention Moonlord could get some extra points for bringing stuff back even if his ranking would stay the same.

10. Golem: A unique and fun boss one of the better ones here but can you guess what makes the score lower? Oh he is inside a wall, :red:! Just died because of spammed lasers. The temple needs to be fixed here and I would make the intended arena a bit bigger, just remove the blocks under the alter and take it outside. I like the length of the fight combined with the unique tactics the player can come up with. Some attacks needed some better telegraphs but some are telegraphed well.

9. Skeletron Prime: A cool twist and unique take on an old foe. They can jist be to distracting and overwhelming at times. A good boss with a few very affecting downfalls. A lot of preparation is needed here. Player will have to really pay attention here. Really all of these bosses are good but when we rank and evaluate them it shows the true flaws.

8. Queen Bee: Certainly a rememborable boss that is somewhat secret. Either the player gets killed because they found the hive early on or just go for the queen after gaining strong armor. Like the secret boss, very fun and she works well with the environment. The player has a chance to accidentally spawn the boss which leads to aome point reduction.

7. Brain of Cthulu: This boss can be a bit to weak but they are alright. The playstyle and expectations are always being played with. A very pleasant and fun experience. Has the same problem as the Queen bee. But the mastermind really requires some futher thinking and knowledge to mess with the players brain is this much of a sophisticated matter. The fun factor is really high here as this is one of the most fun bosses to fight. The environment compliments the boss perfectly.

6. Lunatic :red:list: Plauge Kni- I mean the Cultist is a extremely unique and fresh boss. The player knows their objective and this boss gets straight to the point! The different waves and combinations of attacks are all well designed and completely dodgeable. Requires the player to really pay attention and focus. Most people find the clones to be cheap. Well ypu have not been paying attention and need to stop bute forcing the fight. The healthbar appears under the real Cultist, just paw attention.

5. Wall of Flesh: Very much like the Cultist, the player will have to really prepare and focus for this boss. This concept alone is something we have never seen before. The rushing feeling of anxiety this fight holds makes the wall feel completely alive and bloodthirsty. The only parts that keep this boss low is how just being a thin wall lacks some detail and just one more small attack would set this boss in the top 3.

4. Plantera: The average player can beat Plantera in the first few tries. Like all of these bosses Plantera has a great relationship with the player in this fight but it is over emphasized in a fresh way. Rarely do we see bosses like this. Planteras fight can change in a ton of ways depending on how you prepare.

3. The Twins are practicality just as good as Plantera and they will share their ranking on this list. The amount of focus and understanding here is unreal! Every seconds you will be focusing on what attacks they will do next and where they are in relation to you. They can sometimes just pin the player down to a early demisel

2. Moon Lord: This boss changed the way I saw this game. The impression it left was unreal. A plethora of different possibilites is given to the player and this really feels like a true ordeal! Moon Lord always feels hostile and dealy. Telegraphing is insanely good. The last part could have been improved on. The core just doesn't change the fight and is very easy. Overall a difficult boss that will make the player extremely angry, desperate, and hopeless.

1. DUKE FISHRON: By far Terrarias most clean, surprising, classic, new, unique, different, and difficult package full of variety. They put every idea that was different and never seen into this fight. You will always be looking out for any attack and the Futurama refrence himself. I could talk about this boss for hours on end. Telegraphing and attacks were done perfect, not one death was blamed from falling into a tight space or getting spammed by contact damage. Duke Fishron always feels like he wants to kill the player and the fight keep bringing nee challenges in the way.

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed about the mech bosses: It's highly inconsistent which one is considered the most difficult, but they usually are well loved by all.
(my personal vote for most difficult is Skeletron Prime, you can't mindlessly kite it like the twins, and he's far less easy to cheese than the destroyer..)

16. Ocram
Honestly not a fun fight. It's just a projectile spamming EoC with a weird hitbox.
Never fought him, honestly even the bottom ranking are some fun fights. King slime is one of my personal favorites with the set up. Like in Megaman 4. I have never fought Ocram I have really only seen images of him just sitting his :red: down in a Mushroom biome being attacked. Even when I played the PS3 I never got to him.

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed about the mech bosses: It's highly inconsistent which one is considered the most difficult, but they usually are well loved by all.
(my personal vote for most difficult is Skeletron Prime, you can't mindlessly kite it like the twins, and he's far less easy to cheese than the destroyer..)
Skeletron Prime I consider the easiest. Honestly a good, clean boss.

Back
Top Bottom