tModLoader Literally Anything Calamity

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrawberryStealer

Headless Horseman
okay so i'm just going to put this here

if you have anything to say about calamity, put it here

if you have any questions about calamity, you'll probably find the answer on the wiki

Last edited:
Oh finally a thread for me to talk about my death mode run
can someone explain why I've been having fun with that run despite my slight hatred towards calamity

difficulty triggers adrenaline
adrenaline triggers blood flow
blood flow triggers fun
I would like to point out that the majority of the sessions have been either building, or mining while nothing attacks me
the main challenges only came when I finally fought a few bosses, which, slime was just funny as he took half the screen
EoC took a while because he was stronk
and DScourge was easy and I totally didn't nearly die at the end

most of the calamity bosses are just reskinned vanilla bosses but with new attacks
fair enough
Also the only real reason I'm even playing the mod (on an old version), not to mention on friggin Death Mode, is because of Malvine being inspired by the mod and having been mentioned as being on Death Mode
...Except it's worse

fair enough
Also the only real reason I'm even playing the mod (on an old version), not to mention on friggin Death Mode, is because of Malvine being inspired by the mod and having been mentioned as being on Death Mode
...Except it's worse
on the bright side, using the correct id(Jetstream Sam or Samuel Rodrigues i think) gives you access to the most powerful weapon in the game

on the bright side, using the correct id(Jetstream Sam or Samuel Rodrigues i think) gives you access to the most powerful weapon in the game
Eh, my character is called Jayne
I'm not really the type to pull off silly tricks like that
Besides I do need to know what Esther, Cade, Jason and Cody will have to deal with
I don't want to instakill the boss whose pattern I need to learn and note down

Eh, my character is called Jayne
I'm not really the type to pull off silly tricks like that
Besides I do need to know what Esther, Cade, Jason and Cody will have to deal with
I don't want to instakill the boss whose pattern I need to learn and note down
ta-da!

ta-da!
I started the run because I wanted to actually see for myself what the cast would be up against from vanilla and base calamity, and so I could balance the newcomer bosses around that level of difficulty more accurately than just using a wiki page

so far it's been a fun run though, especially fighting the bosses with the super mobile spirit boi because I have Arrival of the Blind Forest added too
i think you just answered why your death mode run is fun so far even though you have a slight hatred for calamity

i think you just answered why your death mode run is fun so far even though you have a slight hatred for calamity
meh
it could also be that my main classes are Melee and Rogue, Melee runs have been a bit of a running theme for me (I would try to play ranger, then get stuff that helps Melee, so I switch), and Rogue was essentially Astrum's second class, her main being Summoner because that was a multiplayer run (which I never finished) and god DAMN IT I was laggy as hell

meh
it could also be that my main classes are Melee and Rogue, Melee runs have been a bit of a running theme for me (I would try to play ranger, then get stuff that helps Melee, so I switch), and Rogue was essentially Astrum's second class, her main being Summoner because that was a multiplayer run (which I never finished) and god DAMN IT I was laggy as hell
you think THAT'S laggy? try soul of eternity + sun breathing(fargo's soul eternity mode + kimetsu no terraria)

you think THAT'S laggy? try soul of eternity + sun breathing(fargo's soul eternity mode + kimetsu no terraria)
No, the problem wasn't summoner stuff, that was the solution. I could NOT hit flying enemies myself because they'd always just teleport out of the way because of the desync.

As Astrum would probably put it: The flying enemies were possessed by ADHD Chaos Elementals on a sugar rush that are also possessed by a cat with the Zoomies. Seriously I had no choice but to go summoner. Was a very fun run before the burnout ended it though.

alright
so
i did some research
i found earlier that the final boss of calamity will be yharim by researching the lore
but we're already on the final update of calamity :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom