**REPORTED** Living Mahogany Trees and Underground Cabins don't seem to generate properly across the world

Tyrian3k

Duke Fishron
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
First of all, if this turns out to not be a bug, please move this to an appropriate feedback forum. Really hard to tell bugs in a random world generator as a user.

I've noticed two oddities of world generation in Journey's end. The first one is that the underground cabin generation seems to have a massive hole in it and a large sector of the world will not have any of them whatsoever.
The second thing I have noticed is that there are extremely few living mahogany trees spread across the world.

I've made 5 worlds and opened them with a map viewer, highlighting wood tiles and living mahogany tiles to show the locations of regular underground cabins and living mahogany trees so you can clearly see the huge areas where no cabins generate and the severe lack of living mahogany trees.

World 1: "void" of cabins east of the jungle almost up to the ice biome, only cavern layer seems to be affected.

World 2: "void" of cabins east of the jungle, reaching east of the ice biome, only cavern layer seems to be affected.

World 3: "void" of cabins east of the jungle almost up to the ice biome, only cavern layer seems to be affected.

World 4: "void" of cabins to the east of the jungle

World 5: "void" of cabins to the east of the jungle

And here are 5 worlds generated in 1.3.5.3 to show the difference in cabin distribution and number of living mahogany trees:

World 1

World 2

World 3

World 4

World 5

Cabins used to be relatively evenly distributed across the world, but now these large, empty areas exist that don't have any of them whatsoever. This is especially problematic when the "void" of cabins is in the center of the world and you start digging down, desperately looking for cabins, but can't find any because the world only generated a few in the underground layer and left the caverns empty.
It also seems like the "void" area of cabins is always located east of the jungle for some reason, although I can't really generate and inspect enough worlds to verify if that is indeed a repeating pattern.

As for the trees, I can only say that their number has decreased almost tenfold from what it was before, now producing only 1-3 trees when it was almost 15-20 on average beforehand. Of course the reduction could be intentional to avoid crowding the jungle with them, but 1-3 trees in a large world is just ridiculously low.

Wow, that does seem like a pretty big bug.

So, basically, if I want a better cavern exploration experience, I should only keep worlds with jungles on the east / far east side.

There have been a few reports of cabins being rarer; same for Living Mahogany Trees. Leinfors is doing investigations and I'm sure this report will help, especially with your screenshots and findings.

Back
Top Bottom