PC load failed no backup found

So I tried uninstalling and re installing Tmod if it works I’ll say so in a edit. I had a similar problem and a reload was the key so we will see!

edit: THATS THE TICKET!! You have to uninstall and reinstall the game!!! Just do that!!!

Last edited:
I've been having the same problem. It happened once but the backup successfully loaded. There was also one time when I saved and quit, the world didn't actually save. Today, I was playing multiplayer and when everyone left I decided to save and quit and play on single player. Then it said the message "Load Failed! No backup found." When I tried to load it up via Host & Play, it just got stuck on "Starting Server." My world is a medium, no mod corruption world and we just defeated all three of the mech bosses. This also happened to my friend too on a similar world. I have the world on cloud, what else does terraria want me to do?
Im facing the same problem, I started my world in singeplayer, i killed lunatic cultist one day and i wanted to fight moon lord with my friends, i hosted the server and it worked, we were looking for life crystals for my friend in another world and when i try to start the server it just says "Server starting..." We didn't play on that world until the next day, the next day i try to start it but it still said "Server starting" or "Server not found" so i tried to join it in singleplayer and it says: Load failed, backup not found! This has happened to me before when i played modded, but i fixed somehow. I need help i have played 83 hours and i was 3 steps from defeating moon lord.

Ive just had this issue and i know what caused it, moving my world to the cloud, for some reason the removes any backups i have of the world, but the second i took the world off the cloud it all worked just fine

I tried moving it off cloud, but still doesn't work. I don't get this. Literally all 3 of my worlds can't be loaded.

What fixed it for me was simply verifying the integrity of the game files, from the Properties -> Local Files section of tModLoader via Steam.

If you are running Calamity Mod and Other attachments that come with it search for Calamity Difficulty Buttons and disable it. This should fix the problem.

Back
Top Bottom