Weapons & Equip loadouts suggestion

MoonLord_With_DirtRod

Official Terrarian
there should be a 4th loadout. whether its available to everyone, or an item that unlocks it at a certain point in the game (similar to demon heart), i just think it would be cool. it would also come with a new achievement, earned by filling in every armor and accessory slot in every loadout, as well as your hook, mount, and minecart slots. ik it seems overpowered but if someone wanted to have the ability to play a specific class at will, they will be able to do so with a 4th loadout.

there should also be a slot connected to the loadout that you can put an item in and it will only show in your inventory if you have that loadout active. what item would be put there? thats up to you! wanna put mana potions in the slot to save on inventory space? do it! wanna put your healing potions there? go ahead! wanna put a stack of dirt blocks there for no particular reason? be my guest! the item in the slot (if its a consumable like food, healing/mana potions or flasks) will take priority in consumption (so if you had a mana potion in your inventory and one in the slot, and you have a mana flower equipped, the flower will use the potion in the slot first).

just a thought, would love to see it added to the game

I thought 3 was enough, but as someone with a permanent mining setup and sentry based setup because why not, a 4th loadout would be helpful
peepoHappy.png

Giving it some thought: it would be odd to end with a 4th number, so next time I can see it happen that people suggest a fifth to round things down.
But with 5, you can have, for some reason, all 4 classes, but only have 1 loadout for mining/fishing/misc, so I can see it happening that people suggest a 6th slot as well.

Eventually this can end up in everyone using loadouts for additional storage, or that the many loadout slots become more inefficiënt by searching for the right accessoire somewhere in the 7th loadout.

Idk, 3 loadouts seem fine enough to me, maybe allow mannequins to have a 6th/7th accessoire and swap out stored loadouts would be better.

When Loadouts were finally added, I fell in love with it since it gives me quite a bit of freedom between combat, mining and fishing without sacrificing equipment slots for armors and accessories I wanted to use.

However, I have thought about having a potential 4th Loadout as it could potentially give me access to another combat class at will. My personal Loadouts would look like this:
  • Loadout 1: Combat Build 1 (Melee)
  • Loadout 2: Combat Build 2 (Ranger)
  • Loadout 3: Mining Build
  • Loadout 4: Fishing Build
But since we only have 3 to work with, which is a fine number to stop at, my recent Loadouts look more like this:
  • Loadout 1: Combat Build 1 (Melee)
  • Loadout 2: Combat Build 2 (Ranger)
  • Loadout 3: Mining / Fishing Build
For Loadout 3, one of the two setups take up the equipment slots while the other takes up the vanity slots. It leaves not a whole lot of room for fashion, but I make do what we currently have.

But having a 4th Loadout acquired through a permanent power-up like the Demon Heart does sound interesting. It could be a post-Plantera drop as the endgame content can be unforgiving even to seasoned players.

I don't really care about vanity so my loadouts have:
1: Summoner/Sentry+Melee hybrid, and Hand of Creation on swap
2: Ranged/Fishing
3: Mage with Spectre Hood but I never remember to use this when I want a quick heal because I haven't gotten used to the idea of loadouts yet. Also, this one has nothing in vanity slots.

I can see people wanting 4, 5, 6+ loadout slots if they want to use different vanities on each set, but that has its own problems. This seems like a good middle ground solution:
maybe allow mannequins to have a 6th/7th accessoire and swap out stored loadouts
Personally I wanted loadouts to work with mounts so I didn't have to carry the various mounts I like to use for different things in the inventory but that's just a handful of slots so it's not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom