Looking for help (especially coders) with Wacky NPCs Mod

i made a guard (kind of?) it doesn't look like a guard. I made a space version of the princess. View attachment 298359
Not all of the deco NPCs are guards. there are civilians too, and there should be more too.

Alas... this appears to be just a simple recolor of the vanilla Princess. I think it would be better to make more unique characters, not just recolors. Using vanilla things as base is a good idea, but I think it's good to change more, than just the colors.

Okay, I tried to make a unique character based off of the flinx fur coat. Please tell me if I need to improve anything.
pixil-frame-0.png

Okay, I tried to make a unique character based off of the flinx fur coat. Please tell me if I need to improve anything. View attachment 298364
Now, that's at least unique. but, as for one, what about the face?
Also, if you look at vanilla sprites, you can see that almost everything has a dark outline. try to have things have similar outline, most of the cases.

Plus, I think it could be helpful, if you would think about something like a theme for the character (or character set)
if you checked the things that are in the mod, basically all the deco NPCs are in thematical cathegories.

Unusual stuff can be cool, but things that make sets that can fit for a biome or a building style, are more likely to be useful at builds, for more players.

i can help in spriting/coding
Sure! I saw the spites of your mod in the other thread, so I know that you're pretty good in spriting!
What would you like to sprite?

And, if you can help with coding, that would be awesome too!
Did you read the 1st post in the thread of the mod?

Sure! I saw the spites of your mod in the other thread, so I know that you're pretty good in spriting!
What would you like to sprite?

And, if you can help with coding, that would be awesome too!
Did you read the 1st post in the thread of the mod?
yeah, does your mod has github?
for easier working on mod yk

yeah, does your mod has github?
for easier working on mod yk
Yes, it does. But I'm not very knowledgeable how it works and all. I can send you the whole in zip, through google drive, it that helps.

There's another person too though who applied to help with coding (@ELIASFRANK ), so, I think these should be discussed, so you two would work on different stuff to code, or something. With two coders, I think we could do all sorts of awesome stuff? But if things aren't discussed, it might ends up bad, if both of you would work on the same thing separately. so things should be discussed, I think.

Yes, it does. But I'm not very knowledgeable how it works and all. I can send you the whole in zip, through google drive, it that helps.

There's another person too though who applied to help with coding (@ELIASFRANK ), so, I think these should be discussed, so you two would work on different stuff to code, or something. With two coders, I think we could do all sorts of awesome stuff? But if things aren't discussed, it might ends up bad, if both of you would work on the same thing separately. so things should be discussed, I think.
oh ok

Well, I can help you as a coder. I know C# pretty well and can finish my own boss (attacks, sprite, and probably animation, but not good drop) in two weeks.
Well, I probably can't do the fancy thing you want, but with my knowledge of C# (not pro, but ok) I can find solutions and understand how to "thing".

About Pixilart, it is not doing well when you are doing armor/vanity/accessories things because it has a limit of 700 pixels in height when ~1100 is needed. I know you can use paint for copypasting (as I do) but it is not so good thing still. So, I prefer paint.net more about Terraria drawing.

Last edited:
Well, I can help you as a coder. I know C# pretty well and can finish my own boss (attacks, sprite, and probably animation, but not good drop) in two weeks.
Well, I probably can't do the fancy thing you want, but with my knowledge of C# (not pro, but ok) I can find solutions and understand how to "thing".

About Pixilart, it is not doing well when you are doing armor/vanity/accessories things because it has a limit of 700 pixels in height when ~1100 is needed. I know you can use paint for copypasting (as I do) but it is not so good thing still. So, I prefer paint.net more about Terraria drawing.
Oh, that's great to hear!
What would you like to help with first?
We're getting quite some people now, it's awesome!

Oh, that's great to hear!
What would you like to help with first?
We're getting quite some people now, it's awesome!
I want to know what you literally want to do, like jumping Scarecrow NPC? It is easy, I guess. I didn't make Friendly NPC, but Example Mod GitHub fixes every problem. Just a little pain while looking in the documentation and AI is done. Or you want to make something much harder? Please specify, so I can think how to do this, I guess.

I want to know what you literally want to do, like jumping Scarecrow NPC? It is easy, I guess. I didn't make Friendly NPC, but Example Mod GitHub fixes every problem. Just a little pain while looking in the documentation and AI is done. Or you want to make something much harder? Please specify, so I can think how to do this, I guess.
Nah, the scarecrows are just furnitures. Don't worry about them.

There are a few things, like moon-phase dependant shops, NPCs that work similar to skeleton merchant, and such, but the main thing I would like to get to work is the "NPCs spawned by furnitures" thing. not the way statues work, but the way how it works in Chad's Furnitures mod, just spawning town NPC-like beings, not just critters. complicated to explain XD

But, you're the 3rd person now who is interested in helping with coding. I'm happy with this, as with the more coders, the more likely we could get these awesome things to work. I just think, it's important to discuss things with the others, so you can work together and such, and we won't end up with everyone separately trying to get a code to work or such.

Do you have discord?

Nah, the scarecrows are just furnitures. Don't worry about them.

There are a few things, like moon-phase dependant shops, NPCs that work similar to skeleton merchant, and such, but the main thing I would like to get to work is the "NPCs spawned by furnitures" thing. not the way statues work, but the way how it works in Chad's Furnitures mod, just spawning town NPC-like beings, not just critters. complicated to explain XD

But, you're the 3rd person now who is interested in helping with coding. I'm happy with this, as with the more coders, the more likely we could get these awesome things to work. I just think, it's important to discuss things with the others, so you can work together and such, and we won't end up with everyone separately trying to get a code to work or such.

Do you have discord?

Skeleton Merchant type NPC spawns like monsters in caverns, I guess. About the furniture thing, you can spawn them via boss summon code, just changed to furniture and Friendly NPC. Doesn't matter, probably. And yes, I have Discord (DV Game#9904). DM if you want/need to.

Skeleton Merchant type NPC spawns like monsters in caverns, I guess. About the furniture thing, you can spawn them via boss summon code, just changed to furniture and Friendly NPC. Doesn't matter, probably. And yes, I have Discord (DV Game#9904). DM if you want/need to.
Hmm... I dunno how to code such though XD and, boss summon code, huh? that sounds odd. but then again, I have no idea how those furnitures work.
Let's discuss these a bit more, later.

close the thread please
Currently, it's not important to have this thread, for coders, because you can code most stuff.
But it still wouldn't be bad to find more who are interested in spriting.

I don't think there's a need to lock it.

Currently, it's not important to have this thread, for coders, because you can code most stuff.
But it still wouldn't be bad to find more who are interested in spriting.

I don't think there's a need to lock it.
Oh. Well change thread name by the way (remove especially coders)

Back
Top Bottom