tModLoader Looking for people to code/sprite stuff for my mod.

What should the name be for the mod? Also, should I keep going or not?

• The Techtonium Mod (just cus it sounds cool and some items might be based off of it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Omega Mod (because its gonna have alot of new content added to normal 1.3.0.8).

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wingle

Official Terrarian
So basically I have no experience in either of those things, so all im gonna be doing is giving the coders and spriters the ideas. It isnt much, I know, but I would do something else if I had experience with either those 2 things.

This thread will be moved and I will link it in this post when it is up. The name of the mod will be revealed then. And yes, last night I said the poll is ending in 2 weeks, but I just wanna stop wasting time and start the mod already. I hope the little amount of people that see this thread can understand where i'm coming from.

Here is the link to the official thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-omega-mod-for-tmodloader-v0-7.40023/#post-888165

Last edited:
I'm good at programming... never programmed for Terraria but if it's in a language I know then it'll take me no time to learn :) I've modded for Minecraft before soo :p

I'm good at programming... never programmed for Terraria but if it's in a language I know then it'll take me no time to learn :) I've modded for Minecraft befor
Well can you help me and my spriters? (im spriting now too btw). We desperately need someone to code because we already have a bunch of ideas so we really need someone with programming skills. Anyway we would appreciate if you did. Also if you do you will get a dev set so yeah there is a reward for helping.

I'm good at programming... never programmed for Terraria but if it's in a language I know then it'll take me no time to learn :) I've modded for Minecraft before soo :p
Judging from the flair of this thread, this is meant to be a tModLoader mod, which means you'll have to work in C#.
Never modded Minecraft before, so I'm not exactly sure what language that would be in (Java I guess..?)

Can I plz sprite? Id really enjoy helping out. And also I cant actually us .cs file idk how so I can onky sprite but im good at it

Judging from the flair of this thread, this is meant to be a tModLoader mod, which means you'll have to work in C#.
Never modded Minecraft before, so I'm not exactly sure what language that would be in (Java I guess..?)
Yes, Minecraft is written in Java. And it's nearly identical to C#, too.

Yes, Minecraft is written in Java. And it's nearly identical to C#, too.
Yup, that's true.
Although IMHO Java is much more easy going on beginners (not for the advanced stuff though, but I guess that's why it's advanced).
It DOES help a lot to already know the syntax (which is indeed very similar) ;)

Can I plz sprite? Id really enjoy helping out. And also I cant actually us .cs file idk how so I can onky sprite but im good at it
Yeah you can sprite with us. I actually changed my mind and I am one of the spriters too. Well, not spriting, im a concept artist, my friend on Steam is a concept artist/spriter, and my other 2 friends on Steam are also concept artist, so you would only be our 2nd spriter.

Yeah, Minecraft is in Java I can confirm that, but I have a lot more experience with C# anyway, and as goldenapple rightfully said, they're practically identical. The only main difference is a few capital letters and 'using's instead of 'import's :p I'd love to program for you, and if you can, PM me and I'll give you my email address, because notifications go through to my phone on email so it'd be easier for you to contact me :)

Yeah, Minecraft is in Java I can confirm that, but I have a lot more experience with C# anyway, and as goldenapple rightfully said, they're practically identical. The only main difference is a few capital letters and 'using's instead of 'import's :p I'd love to program for you, and if you can, PM me and I'll give you my email address, because notifications go through to my phone on email so it'd be easier for you to contact me :)
Alright i'll pm you.

Back
Top Bottom