Mobile Looking for tips to improve aim

TerrariaMoon

Terrarian
Hello, everyone.

I stopped playing Terraria for a couple of years, and just recently starting playing on mobile. So far, the controls, for the most part, have been acceptable and sufficiently smooth—except aiming! And mining and (especially) building, but that's a complaint for another day.

My character is a dedicated mage, and trying to be as precise as possible with my limited shots can often be very difficult and tedious.

It's not too bad if the enemies are slow and moving in a predictable pattern, like a straight line; however, small and relatively fast-moving targets, like Demon Eyes and Jungle Bats, pose a considerable threat since I often run out of mana (and health) trying to defeat them (lol). It doesn't help that I'm playing on Master Mode.

I've tried just tapping the screen to deal with them, but that introduces a new set of caveats, like limited mobility when firing and having to enter their attack range to increase accuracy.

Can anyone who are or were in a similar situation please help a fellow Terrarian out?

P.S.

Not sure if this helps, but my world is pre-hardmode; haven't even defeated a single boss yet.

A screenshot of my controls layout just in case:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231123_010417_Terraria.jpg
    Screenshot_20231123_010417_Terraria.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
Since you're using a gem staff, they have particularly slow projectiles.
Aim at where they are going to be, rather than where they are.

And that's all the advice I have for you since I don't use mobile controls (I use an Xbox controller)

Since you're using a gem staff, they have particularly slow projectiles.
Aim at where they are going to be, rather than where they are.

And that's all the advice I have for you since I don't use mobile controls (I use an Xbox controller)
After doing some more research, I've come to the conclusion that all I can do is sniff some copium to relieve the pain. Jokes aside, thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom