Mac "Lost Connection"

DeepBlueComet

Terrarian
Apologies if there is already a thread on this issue, I couldn't find one.

My girlfriend and I have been trying to do a full play-through with a friend of ours and have been running into some issues. Every so often, she gets booted from the session and just gets a "Lost Connection" popup.

Some Details:

Our host is not on our WiFi network but we both are.
Our host is operating the game on Windows and so am I. She has a MacBook Pro.
I have not been disconnecting at all.
None of us are modifying the game at all.

Initially, I tried hosting for us but I was running into issues with lag so I sent the world over to our friend who is now hosting for us. My girlfriend experienced disconnections no matter who was hosting. She doesn't seem to be having any other connectivity issues with her computer outside of this and we aren't sure what to do. Some sources online said that verifying the game cache can help so we all tried and got different results. For her, it went smoothly and verified everything. For me and the host, we both got told that "1 file failed to verify and will be reacquired" multiple times. After we tried that, it ran smoothly for her until we logged on again today and it started happening again. We aren't sure what the problem is or how to fix it. Does anyone know a possible fix?

EDIT: She was previously having some computer problems relating to a USB hub extender that she needs to have connected because the MacBook Pro has no USB ports (Thanks Apple!). Whenever she plugged it in, her WiFi just wouldn't connect at all. We fixed the problem by wrapping the cord in aluminum foil. Could be related but I don't know.

EDIT 2: While typing this, I've been logged off of our game while she continues to play. She has not disconnected yet which leads me to believe that maybe it only happens if she and I both are connected at the same time? Would be weird considering that she and I also have a private world for just the two of us that we've had no problems with whatsoever

EDIT 3: Our host is also hosting another game with another group. None of them have any issues connecting to him.

EDIT 4: I rejoined and she disconnected after like 5-10 minutes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom