Lost hours of progress without any apparent issues

cabezonlolo

Terrarian
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking this site for some time now but I am now in need to ask for help. I stopped playing the game for about 2 weeks due to lack of time and when I went to play yesterday, I realized that both the character and world have lost about 20 hours of progress. I looked up the Terraria files in my document folder and all I could see was an old back up I made months ago and the current files with their respective bak copies. I put the current files into a temp file and used the bak ones instead (removing the bak obviously) and they were essentially the same! I haven't done any system reset or touched that folder. I tried to find a solution in the many forums but I didn't have any luck which is why I decided to make a post here. I don't have the cloud activated to look for the files elsewhere. The estimated 20 hours of progress were done in multiple seatings each one being properly saved, so my problem shouldn't be due to not saving.

20 hours isn't a whole lot but it would mean I have to beat farm for truffle worms, fight duke fishron, finally defeat Betsy again, lose the goodies from the martian invasion, re-design my arena for the moon lord, and so on. I would much rather recover my files if possible.

Has anyone have this issue, and if so, being able to find a solution?

I dont have any suggestions on how to retrieve your old files but if you want to avoid loss of progress in the future, try saving your characters/worlds to the steam cloud through the in-game save to cloud option

Back
Top Bottom