tModLoader Lostlorn Mod

I'm using this mod. Cthulhu's Influence and the Swarm Queen ain't on the boss checklist. Throught I'd report that.

So uh, I'm not sure if it's my mod setup causing compatability issues but there are some pretty massive bugs I've experienced since starting with Lostlorn among other mods.
1. The bloody veins wouldn't drop from enemies even after Skeletron's defeat. Tested with multiple war potions in both aboveground and underground crimson. Nothing.
2. Cheated in the summoner, summoned the Heart, killed the heart, and it didn't drop anything, when it's supposed to drop the Crimson Heart(s), right?
3. Killed the Moon Lord, and the message that Tessalite had generated came up. Killed the Moon Lord multiple times, even, and the message appeared each time, but as far as I can tell, none has spawned, or if it has, it's excessively rare because I have yet to find a single piece.

I'm using the latest version on the mod browser at the time of writing.

To your questions
1. The crimson mobs drop Crimson Veins which can be crafted into a Bloody Vein. Though they might not be spawning aswell anyway, this is being fixed in an upcoming update.
2. If you're playing on expert mode it drops nothing currently, this is being fixed inthe next update. IF you aren't, tell me and i'll check it out more.
3. Tesalite generation does not do well with other content mods.

Last edited:
To your questions
1. The crimson mobs drop Crimson Veins which can be crafted into a Bloody Vein. Though they might not be spawning aswell anyway, this is being fixed in an upcoming update.
2. If you're playing on expert mode it drops nothing currently, this is being fixed inthe next update. IF you aren't, tell me and i'll check it out more.
3. Tesalite generation does not do well with other content mods.
1. Yeah, no veins were dropping at all.
2. I... See. That's an ... Interesting bug?
3. Ah. That should really be looked at. I've never seen a Terraria mod's ore generation interfere with another's.

Also some... Feedback and bugs I've noticed. I know, it's beta, but I still want to give my input in my experience with the mod.

The Heart of Cthulhu and Swarm Queen are... A tad underwhelming. Both appear to just hover above you and... Very, very slowly spawn normal enemies of their respective biome. It may be that Leveled is messing some stuff up difficulty-wise, but I beat both incredibly easy and in under a minute. Flunky bosses are okay if done right but I think they could use some more work. Additionally, they should spawn unique versions of enemies, as most mods with flunky bosses do- which don't have their normal drop tables, because currently their spawns all seem to drop what the normal enemies of that variety would.

The Jungle Protector and Ocean Protector have kinda awkward sprites which don't really fit Terraria... In fact they look like they're a completely different resolution than Terraria's other sprites, though that may be an optical illusion due to their... Spherical nature. Not saying that sentient perfect shapes can't be oddly eldritch and menacing, but it really just doesn't look quite right. That said, I can pass that off as "it's beta" and I imagine they're at least semi-placeholder and not intended to be kept looking exactly the same. Even just some spinning with an afterimage and some particles would make them look less sportsball and more ... thingey?

The Expert Bags, when dropped as items, for some reason appear as 2x the intended size. Only occurs with this mod.
Also the Swarm Queen didn't drop any of its weapons. I believe it did drop an expert bag, but nothing of note came out of it.

The Ocean Protector, currently the final boss of the mod, has some excessively underwhelming mechanics and drops... I spawned it, and it literally just sat at the bottom of the Ocean. I thought the spawn had broken until I checked my minimap for it. I then flew down into the water and stood beside it. It did not move. I attacked it. It continued to not move. It nearly died. It finally started to move- and oh the fight was over.

It then proceeded to drop two new spears which is great for my melee character!... Except that both have fairly average stats which could easily fit... Pre-Golem, even, and are both too small, and far too identical aside from one being just objectively better than the other, with slightly longer reach and more damage at the same speed. They don't even have projectiles, they're just True Melee Spears, and not even very big ones. Considering that is supposed to be 3 bosses past the Moon Lord, they're very, very in need of some better stats and/or unique gimmicks that make them stand out. Also they were both unmodified, dropped from the same boss, yet had different rarities. One was red and the other was purple. Which is kinda odd, since boss drops are usually raritied based on the same tier unless expert or really rare. Maybe one was supposed to be an expert drop? If so, it wasn't rainbowing correctly.

Sorry for being so harsh, but I think the idea of the mod is greatly promising but that in its current state, even bug-free, it isn't nearly as cohesive as it should be. Again, yes, I know it's in Beta, but I believe a priority shift is in order. I've noticed lots of weapons, armors, etc. which are sidegrades or minor upgrades to vanilla content, or (as in the cases of those spears) more like filler content. Go quality over quantity first and foremost, try coming up with unique ideas for each boss, and as many items as you can. Having some filler stuff is fine, but mods like Tremor are notorious for a reason; they focused too much on adding bulk of content, and not in making that content unique and worthwhile (and bugtested and balanced) and I don't want to see that repeated here; this mod has been on my radar for a long time and I see a lot of potential, but the current progress seems to be unfocused, which is never a good sign.

...Anyway, now that the Wall of Text has awoken, and fallen back asleep due to the sheer length of this technically-an-essay, just one more thing...
Please, please try to stay semi-active on the forums, even if it's just checking in once every few days, and occasionally copypasting the changelogs from the discord to the main post. I'm sure I can speak for a lot of people when I say that the trend of mods only having the bulk of their information on a Discord server or somesuch is incredibly annoying. Discord is great and all, but this really is the go-to place for Terraria mods, and the place most people will check first. Also not everyone has a Discord or wants to clutter it up with 23 individual mod servers.

This mod is heavily work in progress, just saying. Part of this mods goal is to add options. They may not be better, they're just different. Anyway the main focus is postmoonlord content. Each update the quality increases, as our skills do. The reason swarm queen and heart of Cthulhu seem easy is probably the levelling mod, Lostlorn doesn't do well with other content/big changes mods. Also i'm pretty sure the Ocean Protector was glitched for you. Also just to point out Swarm Queen summons other new enemies aswell.

Another thing about those spears, one was Expert, and their damage puts them a lot further on than pre golem. Just want to reinstate this is work in progress! It’s not done things change every update.

About being active on the forums, I did it for months and no-one responded with anything. I am going to start it up again, its just annoying updating it when no-one really uses it.

Thanks for the feedback btw.

PS. Heart of Cthulhu not dropping items is just me not having put a treasure bag there yet
PSS. Leveled also probably messed with stats of things which may have hindered some experiences

Last edited:
Version 0.8.7.1 is out!
Changelog
v0.8.7.1 - 12/2/19

• Fixed the Ocean’s Throw sprite

• Fixed the Jungle Glaives sprite

• Changed the recipe of Orb of the Jungle, Orb of the Ocean and Orb of the Desert

• Added Antlion Invader treasure bag and made Albino Jaw Blade expert

• Added Burning Fury treasure bag and added The Fury Core

• Changed the recipies to Moonbeam and Sunbeam making them Hardmode and more useful

• Restored original terrablade recipe

• Added Heart Chimera and Soul Eaters which drop Crimson Veins and Shadow Nerves respectively

• Heart Of Cthulhu now summons Heart Chimera

• Buffed Jungle Glaive, Waterblast Staff, Tidal Force and Oceans Call

• Added The Catalyser recipe and fixed some other recipes

• Buffed Postmoonlord Weapons so they are more satisfying

• Buffed Postmoonlord Enemies to Compensate

• Added the Fragmenter and Sunken Machinery

• Added Grove Infection Debuff and made several weapons inflict it

• Changed Swarm Queen weapons to be made from Hornet Wax

Not sure if this is still being worked on, but thought I'd throw this our here anyway. The Soul Eaters spawn WAY too often, I mean if you use any battle potions you get swarmed with them and hardly anything else, which makes it hard to farm for anything else in the corruption...I've had over 20 of them on screen at one time and have over 600 nerves in my inventory now :S...

Back
Top Bottom