Blocks & Decoration Lowered banner drop rate

Battle Bee

Terrarian
So instead of the original 1.2 RNG-based banner drops, we now have 1.3''s milestone-based banner drops.
This is an amazing change, 100% support, but there is one big problem; banners drop way too often.

After every Solar Eclipse, I get at least 6 banners, and I have no place to put them. They take up a lot of inventory and chest space as well.
We don't really need 5+ banners of the same enemy, anyway.

I think banners should drop every 100th kill, instead of every 50th kill. Hell, maybe even every 200th kill.

I can't say I have inventory problems with banners, but I use them for decoration instead of for their benefits anyway.

Personally, I'm fine with every 50th kill. Yes, some enemies are insanely common and getting a 200th kill banner in an event is easy. But equally, some enemies are very rare. Since kill counts are world-specific, e.g. finding and killing 50 Nymphs on a single world is a lot easier than finding and killing 200 Nymphs. (Which in turn is probably still easier than hoping for a 0.5% drop.)

Maybe the banners could drop only once per enemy per world on the 50th kill? The 100th and later kills wouldn't award an extra banner. Having said that, if you lose a banner, you'd need a new world to get another one.

I like that idea.

If you get a banner, and if that banners exists anywhere in a world (Placed, in a chest, in your inventory, etc) then you can't get another one in that world. If it is deleted, however, you can get another.

But then, if you want to get two banners of the same type, you have to make a new world. If the enemy is an end-game enemy, you have to work that world all the way up to the end of the game. This is a rather big issue.

Next people will complain that banners are too rare for uncommon mobs (such as the nymph and the ice golem) and someone will be requesting it to be increased from 1 in 100 to 1 in 50 lol

I get where you are coming from, but this isnt nessisary.

50 Kills is fine. Plus, thats a free 20 silver per extra banner you get

and if you have a ton of banners, you get a ton of money.

Back
Top Bottom