Items Lucky Horseshoe Improvement

Aurora3500

🌳
Staff member
As many players know, once Hardmode begins and the player gains access to Wings that negate Fall Damage, the Lucky Horseshoe and it's Tinker Combinations become useless. To make the Lucky Horseshoe a still slightly relevant item even with Wings that replace its role, I'm proposing to add another effect to the Lucky Horseshoe.

The effect is this: If a player is airborne and presses down twice, the player lands fast towards the ground and this effect damages any enemy below it for about 20 damage. The player is not harmed during this move. If this "Stomp" hits ground then any enemy within a 5-6 block radius of where the Player lands will receive damage and Knockback away from the Player.

Naturally this effect will be carried over to all Horseshoe Tinkers (Obsidian Horseshoe, Blue Horseshoe Balloon, Etc.).

Just a simple suggestion for the Horseshoe that gives it a little more "Meat" while still keeping it as a simple accessory.

Support! this is sensible seeing as lucky horseshoe becomes quickly outclassed for the effort it's worth either climbing into the sky and finding a sky island or climbing into the sky and fishing in a sky lake forever.

Wow, not a bad idea! I can see Tinker Combinations with this effect. They should change the effect of the Lucky Horseshoe once you enter Hardmode.

Also the higher you are in the Air, the more damage you'll deal upon impact. Also the Balloons determine the debuffs or special effects the enemies get.

Cloud in A Balloon: Pushes enemies away 10-15 blocks away

Sandstorm In a Balloon: Upon landing, enemies within the Impact Radius gets Slowed for 10 Seconds.

Blizzard In a Balloon: Upon landing, enemies within the Impact Radius gets Frost burned for 10 Seconds

Tsunami In a Balloon: Upon landing, enemies within the Impact Radius are Confused for 10 Seconds.

Fart In a Bottle: Upon landing, enemies within the Impact Radius are Poisoned for 10 Seconds.

Wow, not a bad idea! I can see Tinker Combinations with this effect. They should change the effect of the Lucky Horseshoe once you enter Hardmode.

Also the higher you are in the Air, the more damage you'll deal upon impact. Also the Balloons determine the debuffs or special effects the enemies get.

Cloud in A Balloon: Pushes enemies away 10-15 blocks away

Sandstorm In a Balloon: Upon landing, enemies within the Impact Radius gets Slowed for 10 Seconds.

Blizzard In a Balloon: Upon landing, enemies within the Impact Radius gets Frost burned for 10 Seconds

Tsunami In a Balloon: Upon landing, enemies within the Impact Radius are Confused for 10 Seconds.

Fart In a Bottle: Upon landing, enemies within the Impact Radius are Poisoned for 10 Seconds.
And the Obsidian Horseshoe? Lower stomp range, higher knockback, higher damage, causes an explosion that doesn't break blocks, and sets enemies on fire.

I adore the fast fall accessory in Fargo’s Soul Mod, cannot recall the name of it but I found it super fun and useful, slime mount kinda does this but it’s a little clunky, would love this feature! Also if this does get added, I’d love a bundle of balloons with a horseshoe to be added.

I adore the fast fall accessory in Fargo’s Soul Mod, cannot recall the name of it but I found it super fun and useful, slime mount kinda does this but it’s a little clunky, would love this feature! Also if this does get added, I’d love a bundle of balloons with a horseshoe to be added.
you do realize the bundle of horseshoe balloons have existed since 1.4.4

I have a feeling this could be abused with hoiks, maybe adding a cooldown between when you can do it again? Similar to Brain of Confusion

Back
Top Bottom