Portfolio/Multi-Topic Lunar Event Changes

neoselket

Ice Queen
First off, this is my 1,000th post, and i took a LONG time to make this. Just an interesting fact.

To be honest, i was disappointed by the Lunar event. This suggestion is intended to make the Endgame fights more interesting.

First off, the cultists. They play a much smaller role than i would have liked, and i think they could add some interesting mechanics. When the Lunatic Cultist spawns, you don't see any more normal cultists until the next day. I would make it so while you are fighting the Lunatic cultist, other cultists would spawn offscreen and attack you.
Next, the clones. Right now the clones of the lunatic cultist are easy to spot, and don't do much. I would change it so when the cultist spawns duplicates, they would have the same attacks as the normal cultist and share the health bar, so you wouldn't be able to tell which one was which. However, they would deal half the damage of the main cultist, and would be defeated in one hit.

As the Cultist loses health, more normal cultists would spawn in to support him, and eventually a White cultist would appear.The White cultist would have 5000 health and would attack by shooting golden balls of light at the player, which would inflict the confused debuff. Upon death, the white cultist would spawn 2 Phantasm dragons instantly, and an ancient vision would appear. Once you defeat the lunatic cultist, instead of the celestial pillars immediately spawning, The Cultist would explode in a ball of golden light, which would fly off into space. As well as the standard boss defeating message, another message would appear which would say "A terrible curse has been loosed...".

After killing the cultist, everything would appear normal except for NPC's. All NPC's would have glowing white eyes, and the dryad and wizard would cast a new spell: "Ancient Curse: the world has been cursed". you would not be able to talk to NPC's during this, and attempting to do so would result in the message "(name of NPC) is unresponsive.". If you attack the dryad/wizard, they would stop casting the spell and instead target you, shooting small, colorful light pellets at you similarly to the crystal storm, except they pass through walls. Once you deal 5000 damage to both NPC's(each, not total), they would hold still and return to their normal appearance, but with glowing white eyes. After a few seconds, there would be a bright flash of light, and all NPC's would return to normal. The messages "The curse has been lifted!" and "Celestial creatures are invading!" would appear. The Celestial Towers would also spawn after 5 minutes if you didn't find the NPC's.

After your NPC's return to normal, they would occasionally have different quotes:(until you defeat the moon lord)

All NPC's:
"I-i just had the weirdest nightmare about popcorn-"
"Who what where why when how? huh?"
"I feel so weird... it's like my mind just clouded over for a minute there..."
"I just had the strangest feeling that my mind didn't belong to me for a minute there..."

Specific NPCs:
Party girl: "Anyone get the name of that party that hit me?"
Cyborg: "Error 404: hard disk not found."
Guide: "For the first time, i'm not entirely sure what just happened..."
Merchant: "Whaugh! is my wallet still there?"
Painter: "Hey! what happened to the wall? Im almost certain i didn't paint it that color..."
Witch doctor: "Something strange is indeed afoot, (playername)." "Gah mek crai zet nar jee ful tosa beul!"

Celestial Towers

Now that your npcs are normal, the celestial pillars would spawn. They would be mostly the same, but the pillars themselves would not have health, instead, when you kill enough mobs and deplete the health of a pillar a boss will hatch out of the pillar, destroying it. Pillar enemies would still spawn during the boss fight, but at a slower rate than normal.

Solar Guardian(solar pillar)
20000 hp
40 defense
50 damage

The Solar Guardian would spawn from the Solar pillar, and would appear similar to a large fiery sun, with several fiery tentacles. imagine this guy in terraria form(without sticking it's tongue out):
It would alternate between shooting slowly homing fireballs at you(similar to skeletrons expert mode skull projectiles), spawning crawltipedes from its mouth, and slashing at you with it's tentacles. Upon death it would explode into several large fireballs which would fly into the air and land, dealing 150 damage and setting players on fire on contact. It would drop solar fragments.

Alien Behemoth(vortex pillar)
20000 hp
40 defense
20 contact damage(ignores defense)

The Alien behemoth would be an upgraded version of the alien queen, and spawn alien queens, hornets, and larvae at a fairly rapid rate. It would be immobile, and look something like a mix between a termite queen and an alien queen.

Nebula eye(nebula pillar)

20000 hp
50 defense
100 damage

The Nebula eye would look somewhat like a pink spiral galaxy with an eye in the center that would follow the player, and it would spin slowly. It would be immobile, spawning in the air at the same spot the pillar was. It would alternate between 3 attack phases.

Phase 1
The eye would spawn nebula floaters and brain sucklers at a fairly rapid rate. This phase would last for about 10 seconds.

Phase 2
The eye would hold still(i.e not look at the player) and would glow purple, and after 5 seconds would fire a purple laser at the player similar to the moon lord's deathray, except it would ignore defense(but not things like endurance potion, beetle endurance, worm scarf, frozen turtle shell etc). It would start a fair distance from the player and move clockwise or counter-clockwise with a 50% chance to go each way. It would make 4 complete rotations and then stop, beginning phase 3.

Phase 3
The eye would close, and the galaxy would spin faster. The player would be sucked into the eye, and after 5 seconds it would generate an explosion(but it wouldn't be exploded itself) that would blast the player away and deal high damage.

Upon death, it would spin much faster, then actually explode.

Stardust Horde(stardust pillar)
20000 health(each)
0 defense
10 damage

Gorite(blue)
Skhariac(green)
Ayeraco(yellow)
Duricore(red)

The stardust horde consists of 4 buglike enemies that would fly around and attack the player. They would fly around the player, darting back and forth, and then one would swoop in, hover over the player for 3 seconds, then fly away. They would alternate attacks, meaning one would attack, then another, then another, then another, then the first one again. The order of attack is randomized every time you fight them. Their damage is low, but their attacks would ignore player invincibility time, meaning they could damage the player every 3 ticks(every 5 ticks with a cross necklace). Each one would drop an equal portion of the stardust fragments.

Moon Lord
Ok, so now we're at the big guy. Personally, i thought the Moon lord fight felt like just another generic boss fight, which seems kind of disappointing for the final boss. So first off, i would change it so the background would alternate between the four celestial pillar backgrounds, and for the duration of each background(about 30 seconds) enemies from that pillar would spawn. Every now and then, lightning would strike and/or fireballs would fall from the sky. Most of these would be in the background, but sometimes they would appear in the normal field of play, damaging the player if they touch them. Next, every time the big laser hits you, the moon lord would heal all remaining parts for 200 health(400 in expert mode). Occasionally, the moon lord would spawn 4 lunar hallucinations, which would look like spidery shadows. They would hover in place for several seconds, then, shrieking, explode into wisps of shadow. They would not deal damage, but would inflict the confused debuff for as long as they are there.

Drops
The moon lord would no longer drop the celebration, instead he would have a chance to drop 999 rocket V, which would deal 100 damage and not break blocks.
The moon lord would drop super healing potions.
The moon lord would have a 10%(15% expert mode) chance to drop a true wooden broadsword.

True Wooden Broadsword
100 melee damage
6.5 knockback
20% critical strike chance
autoswing
tooltip: this looks familiar...

After defeating the moon lord, there would be some minor changes.

The guide would say "Congratulations, (playername)! I knew you could do it!"(seriously, at this point in the game he's still babbling on about demon altars and souls of night/light. sheesh.)

The party girl would sell the celebration.

The corruption/crimson/hallow spread would slow down to slightly faster than in pre-hardmode.

New things would be able to be crafted with Luminite.

Luminite Sword
300 melee damage
5 knockback
100% knockback piercing(ignores enemy knockback resistance)
20 usetime(very fast speed)
autouse
swings in whichever direction the cursor is aimed rather than whichever direction the player is traveling
crafted with 12 luminite bars at an ancient manipulator

Luminite Bow
70 ranged damage
2 knockback
10 usetime(very fast speed)
autouse
50% chance to not consume ammo
crafted from 12 luminite bars at an ancient manipulator
arrows fired from this are almost completely immune to gravity, and each arrow fired has a 20% chance to pierce infinitely.

Luminite Machine Gun
40 ranged damage
10% critical strike chance
1 knockback
5 usetime(insanely fast speed)
30% chance to not consume ammo
crafted from 12 luminite bars at an ancient manipulator

Luminite Pistol
70 ranged damage
30% critical strike chance
3 knockback
crafted with 10 luminite bars at an ancient manipulator

Luminite Spear
200 melee damage
4 knockback
20 use time(very fast speed)
autouse
crafted with 13 luminite bars at an ancient manipulator

Luminite Spiked Glove
100 damage
2 knockback
8 use time(insanely fast speed)
autouse
crafted with 8 luminite bars at an ancient manipulator

Luminite Throwing Spear
80 throwing damage
3 knockback
20 usetime(very fast speed)
autouse
crafted with 12 luminite bars at an ancient manipulator
infinite piercing

Luminite Helmet
20 defense
+10% damage
crafted with 11 luminite bars at an ancient manipulator

Luminite Chestplate
30 defense
+20% critical strike chance
crafted with 20 luminite bars at an ancient manipulator

Luminite Leggings
20 defense
+20% melee speed and chance to not consume ammo

Set bonus: +10% damage, +3 minion capacity, +100 mana, 20% extra movement speed, nulls fall damage

Phew! I'm done! What do you think?

Last edited:
True, but its still a bit OP on the damage scale.

it would actually do less damage than the meowmere and the star wrath, as they shoot projectiles capable of dealing more damage than the blade itself, as well as having extra range. the meowmere in the dungeon is deadly due to the bouncing exploding cat projectiles, but the luminite sword would only be able to hit enemies up close to you.

@AngelMiner12, @James Harrow
Luminite Sword
think of it this way: the minishark does 6 damage and the night's edge does 42. which one is more useful against the wall of flesh? the minishark. that's why the luminite sword does more damage than the meowmere or star wrath.

the luminite machine gun is weaker than the SDMG.

Luminite Machine Gun
40 ranged damage
10% critical strike chance
1 knockback
30% chance to not consume ammo

SDMG
77 ranged damage
14% critical strike chance
2.5 knockback

Phantasm
50 ranged damage
4% critical strike chance
12 usetime(very fast speed)
66% chance to not consume ammo
shoots 3 arrows at once
autouse

Luminite Bow
70 ranged damage
autouse
arrows fired from this are almost completely immune to gravity, and each arrow fired has a 20% chance to pierce infinitely.

the phantasm shoots 3 arrows at once, immediately tripling the DPS. "In addition, when focusing on one opponent, the Phantasm Bow fires a continuous stream of homing (only on a single target) arrows in between attacks, rewarding players that land multiple attacks in a row. Holding down the attack button will increase the firing rate of the bow."(quote from the wiki) also, the luminite bow is a higher tier than the phantasm.

the Luminite Pistol is intended to be an upgrade to the venus magnum, and it does not autouse.

Luminite Spear
granted, the luminite spear might be a little OP, (200 damage) but it's roughly the size of the chlorophyte partisan and does not shoot a projectile like the north pole, so it wouls still have much less DPS.

Luminite Spiked Glove
this is intended to be an upgrade to the bladed glove, shroomite digging claw, and fetid baghnakhs. it has very short range.

Luminite Throwing Spear
this works kind of like the daybreak, but it's intended to be an upgrade to the javelin. it also deals much lower damage and has no DOT effect.

Luminite Armor
this is intended to be a multiclass armor, as it provides less bonuses to each specific class, but it provides bonuses to all classes.

Back
Top Bottom