tModLoader Magic Storage

It's stacks, 2 swords would ocupy more space than 999 arrows or something like that. Just think how a normal chest works, you can't put 2 swords in the same slot. As for the "infinite storage unit", there is a creative storage unit which allows infinite withdrawals of any item, but that's probably not what you want. I don't know if storing way too many items like that in a single entity could be done, but that's on Blue to touch on. And finally, /dev/null probably won't be a thing, because coming up we'll have a portable storage access, so you can manually put in any items from wherever you are.
That's good to know, though now I'm wondering if a stack-uncapper mod also applies to the stacks in the chest...? Could be a workable exploit in there. As for the /dev/null, I get that we could just have the portable storage, but I'd rather have a way to just auto-delete items once I have 1000+ of some kind of block. It's not a real necessity or anything, but I'd prefer just trashing dirt instead of filling up a storage with them. The only other thing I know of that's similar is the cheat-sheet "auto delete items" option next to the trash, and I don't want to tempt my self to just spawn stuff instead of working for it.
As for the creative thing, (and keep in mind I'm not a dedicated coder, so I may be entirely wrong) but it should be possible to use the same code as the normal ones and just uncap it (or set a cap that's somewhere in the billions or some such thing to make it functionally infinite). While there may be issues later on once you have hundreds of thousands of items, it's unlikely to be a major factor in most games. Put simply, most worlds and players won't ever have enough items to ever run into the issues it may cause.
And I really doubt splitting them up into 640-stack sets really helps in any noticeable way. I mean when you open the stash it still accesses all of them, so it should be possible to make that combined inventory condensed into a single item.

Hmm, try removing the Remote Access and see if that makes everything work.

Thanks it worked! You should still try to fix it tho,

I was having this same issue. I placed the remote access block half the map away and was able to access the system from there.

A short time after that (not sure if it was immediately or after logging in and out) trying to use the system from home would result in my character standing completely still and all vanity items not being visible (resulting in this armor change that has been reported), while the system interface wouldn't show up. All storage units would tell you their current capacity, but neither the heart nor the access block would function.

The solution as you suggested was removing the remote access block which seemed to fix it completely, I am running on a server with the Thorium, Calamity, Pumpking and reduced grinding mods installed on Tmodloader 0.9.2.3 if that helps. Let me know if you need other details!

By the way, amazing Mod, it's actually the best mod I have installed right now, it makes the whole game super super convenient to the point where I can't live without it now LOL. Thanks for your hard work!

Thanks helped for me too

what the hell man my storage access thing broken in my multiplayer server and evertyime i right clicked it swapped my vanity to armor repeteadely. i had to break and place again in another place and its annoying because i have to make new connectors

First off, love the mod! We've been using it on our server for a few days and it's turned into a complete necessity. Unfortunately, like many others who use this on multiplayer, we've had the bug with remote storage accesses (Right clicking just toggles vanity). I managed to crash the game doing this by right clicking the remote access with my inventory open. Here's the crash log that came up on screen: http://imgur.com/a/0jcFM

Whether or not that helps, I'm not sure, but hopefully the remote storage accesses can be fixed soon. Thanks for all the hard work!

Plans to update this mod to modloader 0.1? If you're not too busy with the modloader itself, that is

v0.3.0.2
-Updated to tModLoader v0.10
-Locators can now be used when held in the mouse
-Hopefully fixed server-related bugs

Finally updated to v0.10! I think I might have fixed the server remote access bugs, but I'm not sure, so let me know if problems persist.

So I'm absolutely loving the mod and been using it for the past couple days, however, today I encountered an issue where I accidentally loaded my world without magic storage enabled, thus deleting all of my items that were in the storage.

EDIT: So the tiles are still there, they are just invisible... Hmm, I'm wondering if it's a conflict with a mod, I'll try a few things and report back.

Last edited:
so what parts are necessary for the very basic tier of storage system? so far I have just the basic storage module

so what parts are necessary for the very basic tier of storage system? so far I have just the basic storage module
In order to use the system you will need at least one storage unit, which is fairly cheap (check the OP for more details and the recipe), and a storage heart that is connected to it (recipe and details in the OP as well). The more storage units and higher tier storage units you have, the more items you can store in the system. I believe all items can be accessed by right clicking on the storage heart as if it were a chest, but you can also make other access points for it if you want.

In order to use the system you will need at least one storage unit, which is fairly cheap (check the OP for more details and the recipe), and a storage heart that is connected to it (recipe and details in the OP as well). The more storage units and higher tier storage units you have, the more items you can store in the system. I believe all items can be accessed by right clicking on the storage heart as if it were a chest, but you can also make other access points for it if you want.
so what are the access points you can make for? liek why make themif you can just have the storage heart? or is it for multiple points that you can access it from?

so what are the access points you can make for? liek why make themif you can just have the storage heart? or is it for multiple points that you can access it from?
Most people build their Storage Units around the Heart, so having a way to access the items withouy going through whatever you put the Heart in is nice. Plus, you could stick the Heart somewhere out of sight and place a Remote Access down, set it up, and never haven to return to the heart unless you're adding/upgrading units.

Most people build their Storage Units around the Heart, so having a way to access the items withouy going through whatever you put the Heart in is nice. Plus, you could stick the Heart somewhere out of sight and place a Remote Access down, set it up, and never haven to return to the heart unless you're adding/upgrading units.
Yeah, could also be good if you had a large base and wanted to have access to your items in a certain area, like an herb farm or something, and not have to go aaalllllllll the way over to one point just to access your awesome upgradeable super-chest system.

#FirstWorldProblems

Hello - first off thanks for the mod, love having all my storage in one place. However, with Terraria 1.3.5 and Tmod 0.10, I've noticed an issue with UI scaling. The Magic Storage interface only works with scaling set to 100% - otherwise the cursor doesn't line up with what you try to click on. If I scale to 125% (my usual setting), then my mouse doesn't line up in Magic Storage, but it does for the base game. If I scale back to 100%, it works fine again.

Hello - first off thanks for the mod, love having all my storage in one place. However, with Terraria 1.3.5 and Tmod 0.10, I've noticed an issue with UI scaling. The Magic Storage interface only works with scaling set to 100% - otherwise the cursor doesn't line up with what you try to click on. If I scale to 125% (my usual setting), then my mouse doesn't line up in Magic Storage, but it does for the base game. If I scale back to 100%, it works fine again.
I can confirm this. It's really hard having my scaling at 100% because at 4k the menu is tiny, so I have to squint to see anything which ends up hurting my eyes. Would be really nice to have a fix for this.

Back
Top Bottom