Switch Major Splitscreen issue with Damage

First of all, thank you guys for releasing the Switch coop update. It’s running great, and all of the lagging I was experiencing earlier this year in single player is gone, even in splitscreen. You guys have done a great job on performance.

That being said, I’m running into a game breaking bug while playing splitscreen. I’m player two. Anytime I touch a block that would burn me (hellstone, meteorite, etc), player ONE takes burn damage too! Even when they are back up at the surface layer in our house, they take damage.

It took me a lot of troubleshooting to figure out what was going on and why they kept randomly dying with the status “PLAYER couldn’t put out the flames.”

As it stands now, we cannot progress. I cannot mine hellstone or meteorite without player one constantly dying. This is extremely strange and frustrating.

I’ve checked all of my items for anything “cursed” and didn’t find anything. Is there something else that could be causing this? I can provide a video of it happening if needed.

Thank you!

First of all, thank you guys for releasing the Switch coop update. It’s running great, and all of the lagging I was experiencing earlier this year in single player is gone, even in splitscreen. You guys have done a great job on performance.

That being said, I’m running into a game breaking bug while playing splitscreen. I’m player two. Anytime I touch a block that would burn me (hellstone, meteorite, etc), player ONE takes burn damage too! Even when they are back up at the surface layer in our house, they take damage.

It took me a lot of troubleshooting to figure out what was going on and why they kept randomly dying with the status “PLAYER couldn’t put out the flames.”

As it stands now, we cannot progress. I cannot mine hellstone or meteorite without player one constantly dying. This is extremely strange and frustrating.

I’ve checked all of my items for anything “cursed” and didn’t find anything. Is there something else that could be causing this? I can provide a video of it happening if needed.

Thank you!
Hi there @distantexplosions, thanks for sharing this.

Trying to think of a workaround - does player one take damage even if they are wearing an obsidian skull and drinking an obsidian skin potion? So that you can mine?

Yeah, this same thing happened to me as well. I have lava waders, and when I touched meteorite it would hurt player two.

Yep. Both players need to have an Obsidian Skull or one if it’s upgrades to not be affected by this.
This has killed me and Player 2 multiple times, when gathering meteorite or mining Hellstone.
The other player’s environment plays no role in the glitch, unless they are standing on blocks that give the ‘Burning’ debuff. Then it’s not a glitch.

Back
Top Bottom