NPCs & Enemies Make pillar monsters drop money?

DarkScythe

Terrarian
OK, it's now a consensus among a lot of us that Pillar segment of the endgame is considered a Scrappy Mechanic and That One Level combined in one. For me, I'm bound to get killed at least once in Solar Pillar despite having Vortex Armor now (DAMN YOU PROJECTILE REFLECTING ENEMIES). After the long work we go through, we just get some fragments as the reward and nothing else. So... why not make the pillar enemies drop money? Maybe like 5 silver or so. Not enough to become a farmable mob, but still able to slightly reward us for the trouble. As long as I'm not starting to burn money to see the nurse, I'm fine (granted, I have lots of platinum sitting in the chests of my base but I try not to expend money if possible).

What do you think? Should they drop money?

The reward is getting the fragments of the Tower so that you might craft weapons that will be almost vital in taking on the Moon Lord. From the insanity that is the Vortex Beater to the absolute blood bath that is a rampaging Stardust Dragon. Those items are reward enough for taking on the Towers' legions.

Heck, it minimizes on the grind that is the Moon Lord fight as you do not have to worry about the Lunatic Cultist's and Towers' drops as they do not drop much.

The reward is getting the fragments of the Tower so that you might craft weapons that will be almost vital in taking on the Moon Lord. From the insanity that is the Vortex Beater to the absolute blood bath that is a rampaging Stardust Dragon. Those items are reward enough for taking on the Towers' legions.

Heck, it minimizes on the grind that is the Moon Lord fight as you do not have to worry about the Lunatic Cultist's and Towers' drops as they do not drop much.
I understand what you mean but what about farming the moon lord? You go through all the trouble of killing the four pillars just to get another weapon you already have sixtybajillion of.

I understand what you mean but what about farming the moon lord? You go through all the trouble of killing the four pillars just to get another weapon you already have sixtybajillion of.
Well once you have the Moonlord weapons every gets much easier. With the Last Prism you can just delete every living thing around a pillar and destroy a pillar in, like, 5 seconds. The only thing I think is needed is being able to summon the Moon Lord directly, by using the fragments or something, because going through the whole event when you just need a bit of luminite is a bit annoying indeed.

If it takes you forty minutes to beat the event, I'm sorry, but the game's not the problem. It can be finished in twenty or twenty-five minutes, tops.

And if you've already gotten boss weapons, then it's even faster to kill them. Last Prism and Starwrath can mow down the hundred mobs required per pillar in just a few minutes. Last Prism being the most effective, even though its mana cost can be high - with Nebula buffs, the Last Prism becomes the ultimate "BRB destorying the universe" weapon.

Twenty and twenty-five minutes top more like a few years of repetitive grinding because moonlord's too hard to be beaten on first try and memorizing its AI cicles take a few ages because of the huge delay between each fight.

Honestly I really wish there was more of a motivation rather than simply achieving altar weapons, which can be all achieved after just a single altar and beating it multiple times reward nothing other than copies of weapons you already have (and don't want). The fragments don't even sell for enough to be considered grind-worty.

OK, I was overestimating about the 40 minutes thingy. Yeah, I kill in about 15-25 minutes the whole thing (approx 10 if you discount the travel time between pillar) However my point still stands. There's lots of interesting mobs there spawning near the pillar but it's a shame none of them drop anything not even coins. Let them drop some coins?

Back
Top Bottom