Weapons & Equip Make Underpowered Armour Sets Better

Terraria's got a lot of armour sets that are overshadowed by powerful ones. I'm going to propose changes to an array of bad armour sets to make them more useful and allow for more variety in terms of useful armour.

Bee armour
This armour set isn't exactly bad, but is worse than Obsidian even if you ignore Obsidian's extra whip speed and range. I think that its summon damage increase should be increased from 23% to 25%, and Obsidian armour's summon damage increase should be decreased to 20%.

Shadow armour
The only offensive stat increase it provides doesn't increase the damage output of any viable melee weapons, and only affects summoners to a small degree. The movement speed increase barely does anything. It should increase critical hit chance instead of melee speed, but only by 6%, so that it doesn't outclass Crimson armour's damage increase, and when you wear the full set you should have a small chance to dodge attacks, maybe 5% or 10%?

Pearlwood armour
Pearlwood has always has the worst gear in the entire game, because it has horrible stats for the stage of the game it is obtained at. To make Pearlwood armour actually useful, I'd increase its defense from 8 to 24, and make it increase a variety of stats spanning multiple classes, like Crystal Assassin armour, except with worse stats because it can be obtained much easier.

Back
Top Bottom