Game Mechanics Making Pre-hardmode Crates Available via Hardmode Fishing

fpx007

Terrarian
This thread is simple, simply allows pre-hardmode crates available appear again while fishing in hardmode, so players can use them for collection/decoration purpose, especially those were previously unavailable, e.g. hallowed crates and crimson/croouption crates in corruption/crimson worlds.
Since only the hardmode variant contains new items/materials (especially hardmode ores), allowing pre-hardmode crates available via hardmode fishing will pollute the hardmode fishing reward pool. To compensate this, the reward pool of hardmode crates would also be buffed. For example, to compensate for the expectation loss of hardmode ores/bars, hardmode crates will no longer drop pre-hardmode ores/bars, and make pre-hardmode and hardmode crates catch chance 1:1. This will negate the pollution of fishing reward pool.
When the catch chance of getting a hardmode/pre-hardmode crate is 1:1, players still have a equal chance of getting hardmode ores/bars or pre-hardmode ores/bars from every random crate catch (they have a 50-50 chance of getting a pre-hardmode or hardmode crate per crate catch, which always yields pre-hardmode ores/bars orhardmode ores/bars respectively), which is just the same as the current situation (the player have a 50-50 chance of getting pre-hardmode ores/bars or hardmode ores/bars from a guaranteed hardmode crate per crate catch).
What do you think about of this concept? I think this will greatly satisfy the need of builders and collectors.

This thread is simple, simply allows pre-hardmode crates available appear again while fishing in hardmode, so players can use them for collection/decoration purpose, especially those were previously unavailable, e.g. hallowed crates and crimson/croouption crates in corruption/crimson worlds.
Since only the hardmode variant contains new items/materials (especially hardmode ores), allowing pre-hardmode crates available via hardmode fishing will pollute the hardmode fishing reward pool. To compensate this, the reward pool of hardmode crates would also be buffed. For example, to compensate for the expectation loss of hardmode ores/bars, hardmode crates will no longer drop pre-hardmode ores/bars, and make pre-hardmode and hardmode crates catch chance 1:1. This will negate the pollution of fishing reward pool.
When the catch chance of getting a hardmode/pre-hardmode crate is 1:1, players still have a equal chance of getting hardmode ores/bars or pre-hardmode ores/bars from every random crate catch (they have a 50-50 chance of getting a pre-hardmode or hardmode crate per crate catch, which always yields pre-hardmode ores/bars orhardmode ores/bars respectively), which is just the same as the current situation (the player have a 50-50 chance of getting pre-hardmode ores/bars or hardmode ores/bars from a guaranteed hardmode crate per crate catch).
What do you think about of this concept? I think this will greatly satisfy the need of builders and collectors.
Seems to be a good idea, that way whoever wants pre-hardmode crates wouldn't have to worry about collecting them in pre-hardmode or making another world, i think a world that can have all the game content(at least items) without having to make another world would make the game better, like for example and additionally the pyramid items, all statues and paintings starting to appear in crates, not forgetting the magic mirrors on crates too that may have a chance of not appearing although it seems difficult and I have never seen it.

In short, it would be good to make a single new world without being a secret seed for a new character, making sure that he will have access to all items without having to make another world.

Last edited:
I didn't understand it at first either, the conclusion is that in hardmode appears pre-hardmode and hardmode crates, HM crates have only HM ores/bars, P-HM crates have only P-HM ores/bars
Oh, ok. But he said that the HM ones wouldn't drop HM ores and that didn't make sense to me.

Oh, ok. But he said that the HM ones wouldn't drop HM ores and that didn't make sense to me.
The whole topic is about having P-HM crates catchabel in HM. Since reward pool from P-HM crates remains unchanged, you can still get P-HM loot from them. The latter part says HM crates only drom HM loot is meant to negate the pollution to reward pool from OVERALL HM fishing caused by reintroduced P-HM crates.
Just make pre-HM crates craftable at a workbench with Ecto Mist. It's what Ecto Mist is for.
This is also a possible solution. But I still like my idea, because it introduces a type of randomness to the game.

Just make pre-HM crates craftable at a workbench with Ecto Mist. It's what Ecto Mist is for.
This is also a possible solution. But I still like my idea, because it introduces a type of randomness to the game.
I liked both ideas, the "Vikilum" idea seems simple and easy to insert into the game, the "fpx007" idea seems to be more interesting but less easy to insert, although I don't research much about the terraria system and in the end I don't know what the true better idea is to be inserted into the game.
I think that if it is not possible to put the idea of "fpx007", will still have the solution of "Vikilum".

Back
Top Bottom