Items Mana Flower But For Health

The_Arms_Dealer

Terrarian
|this idea was not originally mine, and all credit goes to zeppelans|

I saw that five years ago a user called Zeppelans explained a concept for a health flower (mana flower but for health) which got criticized for being somewhat useless. I wanted to improve on an old concept. First, it would be crafted with a new rare flower mabey found in the ice biome that on its own would add a small amount of health (10 - 50, not sure) to every potion. I know that seems slightly op so I suggest it’s 1.5 To 2 times rarer than a nature's gift. Crafted with a greater health potion (making it a hard mode item) would create a health flower that would combine the flower’s original effect with an automatic health replenish when 1) the potion will max out your health 2) the potions cooldown timer is up. I then think it should be able to be combined with a philosopher stone to create an ultimate healing flower (the name is a work in progress) which adds the effect of reducing potion cooldown by 15%. After that, you should be able to combine that with a mana flower to make a power flower (name also a work in progress) which combines the two accessories effects.

|sprite art isn't the best but in order, this is how I think they would look|

Health Flower.png
Super Healing Flower.png
Power Flower.png

Edit: I fixed every word beginning with a capital

Last edited:
dang i was legit just looking at the Philosopher stone that i've just have obtained like my 5th one thinking man i wish that there was a health version of the mana flower and you could combine them and make the Philosopher part of the recipe, heck also a health version of the magic cuffs/celestial cuffs and then i was like is there a suggestion for items thread n checked saw this felt the need to add on that i 2nd this!

The point of mana flower is to use mana potions with perfect timing every time, that way you maximize mana usage. Now this effect is really bad, because you can just middle click for Quick Mana and even though you will waste some mana like that, you will save the slot. Not only would a Health Flower suffer from the exact same issue, it could even become a hindrance.

I save my Healing potions for when I know there will be some health left over to regenerate naturally, that way I "leak" the smallest amount of health possible every time. I would never want the game to decide when I heal, especially if a hindrance like that comes at the cost of a full accessory slot.

Increasing the amount healed per potion sounds pretty sweet, though. You can just make that the effect of the Flower and forget about the automatic quick Healing, and then combine the Health Flower with some other accessory to truly make it good. Don't let it have a tinker with Charm of Myths though, otherwise the trick of using it from the vanity slot by quickswapping becomes even better.

Your post is unreadable, man. Avoid using capital letters everywhere. Writing like this is not taught at your school for a very good reason.

On-topic: Well, at least the title is clear enough. Not a bad idea perhaps, although I'd never sacrifice any of my other accessories for this.

I feel like if there were to be an automatic Quick Health, it would make sense if it were to apply right when you'd otherwise take a lethal hit, kind of like the Torch of Undying from Minecraft. That way it would never be a hindrance and it could definitely save your life in a pinch, but more attentive players would still benefit from using potions manually.

I'd say for the Health Flower, the effect could be that it A) increases the player's healing rate from all sources by 10% (Potions, Hearts, Regeneration) and B) will automatically consume a healing potion whenever the player would otherwise take a lethal hit as long as the player doesn't have Health Sickness and as long as that potion is enough to put the player's health to above 0 (so if the player was at 100/500 health, had a Greater Healing Potion in their inventory and took a 130 damage hit, the Health Flower would restore them to 20 health.)

You could craft the Health Flower by combining a plant (either the Jungle Rose in pre-hardmode or perhaps a new Underworld plant which starts spawning alongside Red Devils, would give more of a reason to explore that biome) that would have effect A on it with a Greater Healing Potion. You can then choose to combine that Health Flower with either a Charm of Myths to create a Philosopher's Flower (if this were to be added, the quickswapping exploit should be fixed) or a Mana Flower to create a Restorative Flower. But I don't think you should be able to have both, not unless the effects of both were somewhat diminished when combined to balance it out.

I feel like if there were to be an automatic Quick Health, it would make sense if it were to apply right when you'd otherwise take a lethal hit, kind of like the Torch of Undying from Minecraft. That way it would never be a hindrance and it could definitely save your life in a pinch, but more attentive players would still benefit from using potions manually.

This is actually way worse than what he's proposing here. When you are at low health and with no Potion Sickness you'll just drink a potion.
The only time this could help is against a Master Mode enemy that one shots you and that's it.

You could craft the Health Flower by combining a plant (either the Jungle Rose in pre-hardmode or perhaps a new Underworld plant which starts spawning alongside Red Devils, would give more of a reason to explore that biome)

Its Meant To Be Found In The Ice Biome Underground. In Its Actual Sprite, It Would Be A Recolor Of A Shiverthorn But Red. This Is Meant To Counter A Natures Gift Being A Blue Reskin Of A Jungle Rose In The Underground Jungle.

WOW, those are great. Only one problem and that's that it's meant to be three stripes since its crafted with a greater health potion (Mana potion is crafted with a regular but has 2 stripes like a greater so I'm applying the same logic to this) Also You Forgot The Half Blue Flower On The Final Sprite.

Last edited:
Yeah, As I Said A Mana Flower Is Crafted With A Regular Mana Potion But Has One More Stripe Than A Regular Potion. I Applied The Same Logic To This.

Back
Top Bottom