Mana Guide

What? The higher damage you do, the more will remain if it is divided

4 divided in half is 2, while 2 divided in half is 1 - 4 makes the difference
It's a multiplier to your damage, and your damage decides your DPS. If mana sickness reduces damage by 25% to 50%, it will reduce your DPS by 25% or 50%. If you have 15% increased magic damage, mana sickness reduces DPS by 25% or 50%. If you have 1000% increased magic damage, mana sickness still reduces DPS by 25% or 50%. That's how multipliers work.

In any case, you do not have to manually cycle your mana potions if it is automatic - the flower does not use it at time intervals, the condition can be controlled and timed as you see fit
What is this even supposed to mean

It's a multiplier to your damage, and your damage decides your DPS. If mana sickness reduces damage by 25% to 50%, it will reduce your DPS by 25% or 50%. If you have 15% increased magic damage, mana sickness reduces DPS by 25% or 50%. If you have 1000% increased magic damage, mana sickness still reduces DPS by 25% or 50%. That's how multipliers work.
Your damage multiplier is an effect, the output is the damage you give to the enemy - I don't think this is a hard concept to understand, cutting the damage of someone with a full damage setup in half (at the worst) will still result in higher damage given by that player than someone with lets say a supporting setup

What is this even supposed to mean
How much simpler do the words need to be? You know the difference between manual and automatic, you know what a time interval is, and you know that time is continuous, while your actions are discrete

Your damage multiplier is an effect, the output is the damage you give to the enemy - I don't think this is a hard concept to understand, cutting the damage of someone with a full damage setup in half (at the worst) will still result in higher damage given by that player than someone with lets say a supporting setup
Cutting damage in half is cutting damage in half, there is no way to offset it because there is no way to reduce the effects of mana sickness
How much simpler do the words need to be? You know the difference between manual and automatic, you know what a time interval is, and you know that time is continuous, while your actions are discrete
somehow you made yourself 10 times harder to understand

Last edited:
Cutting damage in half is cutting damage in half, the only way of negating it is making it not cut damage in half
I never said it negated it, I said it offset it

somehow you made yourself 10 times harder to understand
Ahem,

Wen u yoose ur majik wepun, it yooses mana frum ur mana bar and a mana flowa ohnly consooms a mana pohshin if u hav noh mana - soh if ur mana bar iz loh, u can choos to yoose ur wepun wich promts ur flowa to giv u mana or u cood choos not to

Ahem,

Wen u yoose ur majik wepun, it yooses mana frum ur mana bar and a mana flowa ohnly consooms a mana pohshin if u hav noh mana - soh if ur mana bar iz loh, u can choos to yoose ur wepun wich promts ur flowa to giv u mana or u cood choos not to
Caveman language

Maybe mana flower needs additional bonus effect to make it more useful and to provide something more than pure QoL (plus small mana cost discount). For example, decreasing mana sickness debuff penalty.
As for its tinkers, given that magnet flower is already a preferred option, arcane flower and mana cloak might provide even greater mana sickness debuff mitigation up to a complete immunity.
However, this might be a topic for a separate suggestion thread.

Maybe mana flower needs additional bonus effect to make it more useful and to provide something more than pure QoL (plus small mana cost discount). For example, decreasing mana sickness debuff penalty.
I would still not prefer it because with a mana regeneration potion, your mana already regenerates so fast I don't need a potion. Even if the decreased mana sickness penalty was like, %5 I would still not prefer it.

Back
Top Bottom