Weapons & Equip Mandible Blade : Rework

SimeaseKitten

Duke Fishron
The maniple blade is quite the bomb if you can get real early. Of course real early. However, most early game weapons seem to lack uniqueness making them different from one another. What happens if it can be used further thru out pre-hardmode?

Now, if you have a chain in your inventory, you can right click to throw the blade in an ark like movement extremely similar to everything the Solar Eruption does, except it can't go through blocks as well as only piercing twice before coming back to the player automatically in a straight line.

Mandible Blade
Mandible_Blade.png

Stack_digit_1.png

Statistics
Type Weapon
Damage 14 Melee LC / 11 Melee RC
Knockback 4.5 (Average)
Critical chance
4%
Use time 17 Very Fast
Rarity
Tooltip "Why not keep a chain on you?
Sell 10 
Silver_Coin.png
  • Internal Item ID: 3772

That is currently all. I will be giving more bland weapons an use. Thanks for viewing!

Quite the extravagant suggestion, this. Support!
(P.S: It's supposed to be "Arc" and there's a typo where you said "Maniple" instead of "Mandible")

This is something we've never really seen before, and I like it a lot as a concept. My main worry is that just this might not increase the viability of the Mandible Blade enough; when you're in mid-prehardmode, you probably have better ranged options.

Also, having a chain to work is kind of odd, but I can't see any problem with it per se. It's just something new. And for that I'm pretty impressed.

This was a real quick suggestion I just had in mind and never expected this much support! Thanks y'all! I remember my first time getting PC Terraria and I wanted to check out all of what 1.3 had to offer. I randomly got the weapon and was kinda let down to notice it was very special and could be compared to a ore blade. Thats pretty much it! Now time to respond.
This is something we've never really seen before, and I like it a lot as a concept. My main worry is that just this might not increase the viability of the Mandible Blade enough; when you're in mid-prehardmode, you probably have better ranged options.

Also, having a chain to work is kind of odd, but I can't see any problem with it per se. It's just something new. And for that I'm pretty impressed.
I was kinda striving for it to be more of a early game weapon instead of mid. Thanks though!
Interesting. I would suggest merely adding this to the item itself without the chain, and increasing the droprate accordingly.
I could go with that, just that I was kinda aiming to make the weapon require a chain instead of changing the weapon in the way just to require you have iron and chains. Also I was thinking on making it a slim chance to be found in chest found in underground desert to give them more variety. What do you think?

I was thinking maybe have it be able to be combined with a chain or some chains at a crafting bench to make it a flail rather than using a chain in the inventory because that seems unnecessarily complex and locks off an inventory slot. Although I understand the thought process behind that I think it would make the weapon less usable.

I was thinking maybe have it be able to be combined with a chain or some chains at a crafting bench to make it a flail rather than using a chain in the inventory because that seems unnecessarily complex and locks off an inventory slot. Although I understand the thought process behind that I think it would make the weapon less usable.
I intend to keep the original weapon a tool without an upgrade. Thanks for suggesting though!

Back
Top Bottom