Items Map banners

placek3

Terrarian
Recently I had an idea for a qol thing. I don't know if its just me but I always had trouble with remembering where things on the map are located, and then having to look for them for some time, for example a plantera bulb.
My suggestion to fix that would be a banner thing that you can craft with some wood and silk.
You would place them and they would be shown on the map as small icons (a bit smaller than npc icons so they dont clutter the map too much). You would be able to rename them so when you hover above them they would display the name.

Last edited:
we do have those temporary cyan flashing circle things which you can put down on the map (with double click/tap iirc), they would serve a similar purpose but they're clunky, imprecise, and you almost always activate them accidentally while scrolling on the map

this would be a much better solution overall: it's permanent, precise, and fully in your control

I hope you'd be able to toggle them to be visible/invisible. That could make adventure maps even cooler, to see where you've already been (kinda like unlocking the map!).

I hope you'd be able to toggle them to be visible/invisible. That could make adventure maps even cooler, to see where you've already been (kinda like unlocking the map!).
If ðey're going to be toggleable, why not make ðe existing colored silk banners show up on maps using wires?

Is it possible to make it so that you can put labels on the world map, it would really help to mark any objects or places, for example, indicate the location of the planters bud, mark the boundaries, show where to go (I understand that all this can be done simply by putting blocks there to mark, but still so it will be easier).

Recently I had an idea for a qol thing. I don't know if its just me but I always had trouble with remembering where things on the map are located, and then having to look for them for some time, for example a plantera bulb.
My suggestion to fix that would be a banner thing that you can craft with some wood and silk.
You would place them and they would be shown on the map as small icons (a bit smaller than npc icons so they dont clutter the map too much). You would be able to rename them so when you hover above them they would display the name.
Great idea this would be very convenient

Back
Top Bottom