Xbox One Map keeps erasing.....

Robfdny

Terrarian
I’m at my wits end with this game- every few days, when game loads- the map only loads 1%.......map is completely black- really sucks......is there a fix for this??? Help

I’m at my wits end with this game- every few days, when game loads- the map only loads 1%.......map is completely black- really sucks......is there a fix for this??? Help
I checked the last 12 pages, didn’t see any threads about this

Hi there @Robfdny, this sounds frustrating to say the least. I have seen other players say that they are also experiencing this, so you’re not alone. Unfortunately, I haven’t heard of any workarounds for this bug yet.

I would suggest sending in all your information straight to the developers here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html The more information they get will make it easier to track down the issue and, hopefully, a solution. Include as much detail as possible (what size world, is it a legacy world, does the map reset for just some characters or all of them, etc).

Hi there @Robfdny, this sounds frustrating to say the least. I have seen other players say that they are also experiencing this, so you’re not alone. Unfortunately, I haven’t heard of any workarounds for this bug yet.

I would suggest sending in all your information straight to the developers here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html The more information they get will make it easier to track down the issue and, hopefully, a solution. Include as much detail as possible (what size world, is it a legacy world, does the map reset for just some characters or all of them, etc).
Thx for the reply, I sent them a support ticket about this. BTW, after posting this and playing for a few hours, it happened again to me later that night.....wonder if I should just start another world and see if that takes care of the problem....whaddya think?

Thx for the reply, I sent them a support ticket about this. BTW, after posting this and playing for a few hours, it happened again to me later that night.....wonder if I should just start another world and see if that takes care of the problem....whaddya think?
That might be a good idea, if you’re up to it and don’t mind having to make a new world. If it starts happening again, see if you can figure out a pattern - if there is anything that takes place right beforehand each time.

I don't know if it's just luck or what but was having this problem but it "might" (and I do emphasis "might") have got lucky?

For a few days now the map has not reset back to unexplored so what it new?

Well I done more construction work and built a large in-door herb farm for potion ingredients, placing 7 more chests to store the ingredients and potions.
Built a "mixer station", 3 vats holding honey, water and lava for making crispy honey blocks and the like on demand.
Still got a Coral farm to build and a pumpkin farm but no rush to do so as I've got a decent stock level.

My character was technically a "Legacy" character but I hadn't progressed far enough as have Legacy Items but still I created a brand new character and transferred all the gear over to that.

Will keep you all posted over the next few days to let you all know how things hold up.

i started another new expert world, and the same thing keeps happening- there is no rhyme or reason to the map erasing on me. Another problem when it erases, many, but not all of the candles I have placed, disappear......I have never heard back with regards to my support ticket either.......guess I should quit the game, it’s really u playable at this point

i started another new expert world, and the same thing keeps happening- there is no rhyme or reason to the map erasing on me. Another problem when it erases, many, but not all of the candles I have placed, disappear......I have never heard back with regards to my support ticket either.......guess I should quit the game, it’s really u playable at this point
Did you send in a support ticket, from here: https://support.505games.com/en/support/home
5E54D5F8-D1A7-4A6D-BBA6-6BB8D4496494.jpeg

Or did you send in a bug report, from here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

I’d expect that they would respond to a support ticket. I would not expect an answer to a bug report.

I had sent a support ticket......sent another yesterday.......
The map resetting is a bug, and it’s something that is being worked on. I’m not sure if there will be a fix for it included in the next patch.

But with a bug, there is not much that the support team can tell you. Although I would expect that all support tickets get answered (I have personally gotten every one of the support tickets that I’ve sent in to 505 Games answered), there isn’t anything that support can do for you right now.

I know that it’s frustrating to hear, but if/when they do answer, I would imagine they would tell you to file a bug report. There’s not much more that support could do for this issue. They can’t fix the bug for you.

Ok, thx for the reply.....I guess I’ll immerse myself in playing Fortnite, downloaded it last night, boy do I suck.....

I'm being plagued by the same bug. Question- how do the player files and specifically, the .map files work? Could I revert back to an earlier copy of any player files to get the extensively explored view of the map back?

This just happened to me and it has devestated my progress. I just got the Clentaminator and now I have no idea where the Crimson is.

My brother and i found a pattern for one cause of the world map reset
When playing splitscreen local multiplayer, if the host saves and exits before other players leave their most recently played worlds are reset. Every. Time. Its also only their most recently played world on that particular character. We think it might have something to do with that bug that used to overwrite worlds? We think the same sort of thing is happening with the map data. Like its trying to save the hosts data over your own and either corrupting or just replacing yours with an unusable file.

Back
Top Bottom