Maps made from seeds.

shobiwan77

King Slime
With the edition of having the experimental abilities to seed maps that came from the recent update, 1.3.4, I decided to start a thread where people can post any cool maps they've found, and what they're seeds are.

divider.png

To start it off I put in my user name as the seed, trying it out for every map combination, Corruption/Crimson, Normal/Expert and size.
06EwoHR.jpg

I was interested how different two maps would be if they had the same seed, but different world settings. In the spoilers below I've put up some comparisons.
The differences between Corruption and Crimson worlds with the same seed are a whole lot smaller than I thought they'd be.
dQtjJPw.gif
The differences between Normal and Expert worlds with the same seed, however, are much bigger than I thought they'd be. There's really not a huge difference, but I guess I'm just surprised that there's really any differences to begin with.
3UcBJ6B.gif
There are absolutely no real similarities that I can find from map to map, but that was to be expected. Although now that I look at it more thoroughly, in each of these there are way more floating islands on the right half of the map.
tH4zktn.gif

divider.png

The map I've chosen though to represent my profile, is the small, normal corruption one.
3qX0PJa.png

You see, I've thought out a system for determining which one to use for each member of the forums.

Map Size
  • Small is for normal forum members.
  • Medium is for moderators.
  • Large is for developers/any staff members that aren't moderators.
Difficultly Level
  • Expert is for anyone that was on Terraria Online, they know who they are.
  • Normal is for everyone else.
Darkness Type (Corruption/Crimson)
  • This is totally up to your preference. I picked Corruption because that is what was on the map of my first character.
Map Seed
  • Just use whatever your profile name is on the Terraria Forums. Remember, capitalization does matter.
divider.png

I'd like to see what cool maps you guys have found. Before and after pictures would also be sweet, taking a picture of the map before you start playing, and another picture once you played through that map. Or you could make a map for your profile.

dvWgIAo.png

Got this world: Small, Expert, Corruption
Thought that this world is lucky to have a pyramid, but it has pharaoh clothes in it XD

I don't get that system you've implemented. Are you saying that only those who meet the requirements stated (i.e. Large world for devs/admins) can only use it?

I don't get that system you've implemented. Are you saying that only those who meet the requirements stated (i.e. Large world for devs/admins) can only use it?
No, it's just a fun little thing I decided to add to the thread. I don't remember why, but it's just a thing for creating a custom map that corresponds to you. No, this isn't something saying that people should only be able to play on a large map if they're a dev.

No, it's just a fun little thing I decided to add to the thread. I don't remember why, but it's just a thing for creating a custom map that corresponds to you. No, this isn't something saying that people should only be able to play on a large map if they're a dev.
*In Juan Cervantes' voice* Ah, it's alright

Back
Top Bottom