Mintbut

Eye of Cthulhu
God knows I tried...
... improving terraria's sprites

cGlsS5K.png

-please give me any suggestions-
KnnMIo0.png

>v<

(there ain't that much but I will upload more)

Commission only means you're only selling pixel art to people who give you money to make said pixel art. Like, if you're trying to learn how to make pixel art it's an ambitious status but risks being counter productive.

You should try to copy other people's styles and try to make new stuff from scratch in order to progress. Try making some swords (easiest thing to sprite) and keep messing around until you understand what you're supposed to do to make it look like a sword. Repeat with increasingly complicated objects until you master the technique or get bored.

Commission only means you're only selling pixel art to people who give you money to make said pixel art. Like, if you're trying to learn how to make pixel art it's an ambitious status but risks being counter productive.
(And yes ik about the commission, I just selected on random)

You should try to copy other people's styles and try to make new stuff from scratch in order to progress. Try making some swords (easiest thing to sprite) and keep messing around until you understand what you're supposed to do to make it look like a sword. Repeat with increasingly complicated objects until you master the technique or get bored.
Oh yes. I heard of this method. But for me copying other people's style (even for learning) and then publishing it on forums seems a little bit (I dont know the word) odd and illegal in some way.
On second thought I can copy, learn and then come back as more experienced pixel artist (hmmm)

Oh yes. I heard of this method. But for me copying other people's style (even for learning) and then publishing it on forums seems a little bit (I dont know the word) odd and illegal in some way.
On second thought I can copy, learn and then come back as more experienced pixel artist (hmmm)
It's 100% legal and ethical mate, it's not like some guy can randomly claim they own a color or a certain way of outlining your stuff lol. If you find an artist you like, you at least have an idea of what you'd consider a good sprite. Besides, I'm pretty sure no one will care how much you copy an art style as long as it's your own work. There wouldn't be any artists ever with that mindset.

It's 100% legal and ethical mate, it's not like some guy can randomly claim they own a color or a certain way of outlining your stuff lol. If you find an artist you like, you at least have an idea of what you'd consider a good sprite. Besides, I'm pretty sure no one will care how much you copy an art style as long as it's your own work. There wouldn't be any artists ever with that mindset.
Alright, I will try to find any good pisel artists (though I already know some) and I'm going to learn from them. Actually from that point of view it really makes sense. Thanks for advice anyway :v

Back
Top Bottom