Weapons & Equip Masamune Sword

Horizontal 8

Terrarian
The Masamune will be an upgrade to the Murasama sword , it will be a hardmode weapon.

You will need the well.... Muramasa sword + 12 hallowed bars + 5 souls of might , sight , sight , fright

19 dmg -> 35
KB 2.5 will be now 3.5
Crit Chance will be double from 4% to 8%
20 (very fast)

The swing will be similar the Arkhalis sword

This would be too weak for the time you obtain it and would be a waste of materials. A buff is needed, perhaps more damage or some sort of side effect infused with the sword to add more meat to its bones.

Plus, the Muramasa is already used for the Night's Edge, which translates into the True Night's Edge and then the Terra Blade. Making this sword a part of a recipe in Hardmode would overbroaden the range of the weapon as a parent ingredient. It would likely block people from crafting the Terra Blade because they mistakenly crafted this instead of the Night's Edge and could only obtain one Muramasa in their world. As many others have said before: There is nothing wrong with adding a weapon that requires new or existing ingredients without forcing the player to use another weapon in the recipe with a simlar effect. Being orignal will make the weapon more attractive to the public and give it a unique feeling.

That being said, changing the recipe(along with buffing the sword) to something more individual on its own right will make it feel more conformed with the game rather than making the superior weapons of the game tied to upgrading previous ones. Perhaps an ingredient gathered from the dungeon when hardmode starts and a few of those boss souls will make for a better recipe.

As always, Happy Suggesting. :)

The excalibur, also crafted with 12 hallowed bars and no souls, is capable of doing 57 Damage alone. I think a buff of stats is neccessary to make this sword viable for hardmode. I think this could work as more powerful than excalibur and would be viable until obtaining the broken hero sword.

It would likely block people from crafting the Terra Blade because they mistakenly crafted this instead of the Night's Edge and could only obtain one Muramasa in their world.

The Muramasa can easily be obtained multiple times per world, even if all gold chests have been opened, through the opening of gold lockboxes. I do believe that having a second use would be useful for a sword that is immediately overshadowed by almost all of the swords used to craft the night's edge, it wouldn't be 'over-broadened' from having 2 recipes relatively close together progression-wise.

But considering that one recipe path is FAR more superior than the other, putting in the effort to obtain both of the swords required would end up not being worth it because there is plenty of other options available at the time you would obtain this sword and it already has a recipe tree which ends up making an excellent weapon at its tier. Crafting this with the Muramasa would "lock away" the used Muramasa because there is no further recipes for the "Masamune Sword". If this sword could be crafted into a stonger sword into a simlar fashion to Terra Blade, then it would have some theoretical use as it would have a longer lifespan, per say, on the Muramasa itself. Of course, that would feel like bloat content because it would be a sword too similar to the Terra Blade in terms of procuration. So there's no real purpose in putting the Masamune Sword(with other superior or similar options available, such as the Excalibur or Frostbrand), is there?

That's why I encourage people to put new or unique recipes that aren't just upgrades or reinforcements of previous weapons. As previously stated, it would make the weapon itself feel more unique and give it more of a purpose to the game.

I do understand what you're saying, however having a second sword (possibly with a special effect that would make it even more enticing) that beats excalibur until it can be upgraded could be an interesting progression path. Do you attempt to make the better sword that is useful until the solar eclipse? or do you wait until then to get the better sword? The only problem I see is that in order to craft the Masamune, you have to beat all 3 bosses, however by then it is likely you will encounter the solar eclipse. Maybe negate ALL of the souls, or find a material replacement, making it a pre-mechanical item, as the true night's edge nearly doubles the power of the true excalibur, which is still stronger than the Masamune

That could work well. I was thinking that it could only require one of the boss souls, so then in terms of progression, you could still encounter the Solar Eclipse while the "True" blades are locked away, but your solution is better as unique materials will give a better feel to the weapon itself and give it more of a purpose, progression wise. And if someone wished to craft it, they wouldn't have to hunt for another Muramasa to craft the weapon(which I've seen a few Small worlds only have one Muramasa, so that'd be annoying if they wanted to craft both.)

Also, despite the True Night's Edge having a higher base power than the True Excalibur, the Excalibur actually has higher DPS due to the increased swing speed. But you would still need both in order to craft the Terra Blade, which is a weapon I strongly recommend to any Melee player when it is available.

It would be a lot more useful if a Katana was used instead, both so it's worth buying even if the Travelling Merchant doesn't spawn with it until after better swords are found, and to avoid the problem of potentially having to fish in the Dungeon to craft it.
As for the materials, I recommend to use Mythril/Orichalcum bars and no souls.

Back
Top Bottom