Other Match search, Lobbies in game, rooms, groups, invitation

Auhrer

Terrarian
Terraria is a very fun game, but sometimes it's hard to find someone to play with.

We need to add a way of seeing and inviting players within the game.

To make finding players easier it would be nice to add an in-game lobby, or invitation room, a way to see players and invite them.

Steam groups are ineffective

And for those who don't have friends who play terraria, creating a way to see players, or looking for an in-game match will be good.

Or we can create an equal match search system in games like dota 2, lol, csgo to find players and start the game !! (But of course if you created the room, or when you look for it you choose to be the host or find someone who is the host)

Lobbies are menu screens where players can inspect the upcoming game session, examine the results of the last, change their settings, and talk to each other.

The problem with a matchmaking system is that terraria has no quantifiable way to match you with players of equal skill. Players which cheated in items are equally powerful to those who obtained them legitimately and the total amount of time on your character wouldn't be a fair way to do it either. There also is no official pvp arena with enforced rules, making it a much different case from lol and dota2.

The other stuff would be fine, I guess? Only issue I see is leaving your server public accidentally (because many people do that) and getting trolled by some sociopath with bouncy dynamite.

Last edited:
The problem with a matchmaking system is that terraria has no quantifiable way to match you with players of equal skill. Players which cheated in items are equally powerful to those who obtained them legitimately and the total amount of time on your character wouldn't be a fair way to do it either. There also is no official pvp arena with enforced rules, making it a much different case from lol and dota2.

The other stuff would be fine, I guess? Only issue I see is leaving your server public accidentally (because many people do that) and getting trolled by some sociopath with bouncy dynamite.

But leaving the public or private server will be the choice of the person. After entering a few people, the host can private the server so that no one else can join.

The goal is to find a way to invite and play with people in an easier way. If the person is going to fall with a troll is his fault, the way is to kick him from the server.

The goal is to find a way to invite and play with people in an easier way. If the person is going to fall with a troll is his fault, the way is to kick him from the server.
You mean you didn't notice the "invite players" button in the pause menu while in a server?

You mean you didn't notice the "invite players" button in the pause menu while in a server?

I know, which is why I said steam is just a little efficient. So just to invite people looking for, and adding, talking, this is very annoying, it is difficult to combine like that.

Back
Top Bottom