Story Matsu's Story Box

Hey look an update, that almost never happens.
I fixed the fellow with my most heated glare, it had never failed me before, but he simply stood before me looking right into my eyes. It seemed he was one that wouldn’t frighten easily,

“Bronson, I am a procurer of…certain goods. I think that warrior of yours might find my services intriguing.”

As I let the words flow the brown haired man wrote on his clipboard, his pen scratching and scratching on the paper. He looked me up and down, before quickly jotting another note down. He looked over the gathered crowd and I followed his gaze, it seemed that the warrior of theirs was giving the dwarf a stern talking to. It was something about, “Bombs being too small scale.” As I let my gaze linger on the scene, the brown haired man tapped my shoulder,

“You will stay with Fikod tonight. The “warrior” as you call him, will see you in the morning.”

With that the man turned sharply on his heel, and stalked towards the warrior. As he arrived the dwarf skittered off and the brown haired man began to recite a litany of numbers and statistics to the warrior. What had I gotten myself into?

Big news!

I finally stopped being lazy and ported over my narrative stories over from The Boreal Bookshelf. We also have a new format to make things more organized and less ugly, as well as a fancy new banner by @darthmorf .

Here is my fishron piece:
There once was a little Regal Tang (looks like dory from finding nemo) who had just lost it's mom and dad and was now swimming in the sea, alone. This little Tang named Duke was very adventurous and while swimming he saw a little bit of worm in the water. He had heard so much about worms and how delicious they were so he had to get just a little bite. But when he bit it he felt a sharp pain and then right when that had happened he learned it was a trap. But this was not just any worm, it was a Truffle Worm the best one of all. He was then pulled up but he noticed that this person did not look like it was about to harm him, instead the person kept him safe. The person took Duke to a lab where a scientist named @@darthmorf took little Duke and put him in a big tube. The doctor always kept good care of the creature and fed him the delicious Truffle Worm. But little did the doctor know that Truffle Worms can basically mutate creatures. Duke started growing bigger and bigger everyday, Duke also began growing wings and long tusks. One day the doctor was going to have an inspection from... well an inspector, so he had to make it look like Duke was one of his experiments. So he gave him the label name Fishron. Right when the inspector saw Duke he thought it was amazing and said that Doctor Darthmorf was going to have to give him Fishron so he could show it off to the world. At first the doctor declined but then when the inspector paid him $10,000 the doctor quickly gave Duke to the inspector. While on a tour Duke was able to get out of the car that they were taking on a tour. Duke quickly crawled to sea and searched for his master, doctor darthmorf. Every time Duke sees a Truffle Worm he bites it to see if it is his master, and when he notices it is not he tries to kill the person who got him. To this day Duke is still on the search for his beloved master.
-Shadow Gamer

Here is part six of The Dark Dungeon. As always I have worked closely with @Samrux to make this story. If you like this, go check out his own thread located here.

The Dark Dungeon

Part 6

We lost two today; that skull that I saw last night burst forth from the wall again as we descended. It rammed straight into Travis and through some dark machination he was unable to draw his blade. Salia tried to help, she ran to shield him and batter the thing away but another burst from the wall.

The spectral skulls burst forth from the wall like puss from a boil. They swarmed over the two, they couldn’t even defend themselves. After the swarm had done their vile business they surged back into the walls. Travis and Salia were both savaged, the skin ripped clean from their bones their bodies broken and contorted. Darius and Saul gave them their rites while Markus helped me chisel away a rough grave for them in the floor of this place. I begin to wonder if coming after Sam was a fool’s errand, destined to end in the death of us all.

The stench of blood fills my nostrils. This place is a nightmare from which I cannot wake. Walking through the labyrinth of death and charnel is starting to take its toll on everyone. We do not know how long it has been since we have seen the sun. We are still finding sacred candles burning; their flickering blue flame provides only a little succor.

God save us.
DungeonPaladin.gif

Here is Part 7 of The Dark Dungeon. As always go check out the lovely work of @Samrux as that sword from part 3 has finally been found.
The Dark Dungeon

Part 7

I should have noticed it earlier for if I had I could have stopped this most recent tragedy. As we lay in rest I awoke to the sound of a loud snap. It sounded like the crunch of a bone, I sprung upward ready to defend us against one of those undead fiends, but what I saw instilled a greater fear in me than anything else could.

Markus was kneeling over Saul and all that could be heard was a loud sucking squelching sound. As I took a step forward Markus turned to face me and what I saw turned my blood to ice. His helmet was gone, and his face was covered in blood. A large piece of the skin on his head had melted away, leaving a stripe of pale bone. He held a cracked bone in his left hand and I could see that he was gorging himself on the marrow. Like a vicious dog.

I took another step towards him but he bolted into the darkness. One of our own had turned into one of the undead. The foul miasma that filled this horrid place was starting to take its toll. I wonder how much longer we can stay here. If we make it out will we be the same? Will I ever be able to live with what I now know?

God guide us.
DungeonPaladin.gif

Here is Part 8 of the Dark Dungeon. It seems like @Samrux really enjoyed this one, so I hope everyone else does as well.
The Dark Dungeon

Part 8

I fear the madness in this place takes on many forms. While I have seen it in two states, the rage that has overtaken most and the fear that overtook Rembren, I think that a third form of this madness exists. I think a madness that wipes away everything but the basest traits of a person is taking hold.

Trebid was always studious and since we have been here I have seen him writing away in his journal. Around the campfire I caught a glimpse over his shoulder and saw what he was writing in there. He was transcribing the Water Bolt spell rune by rune into the book. Every piece by memory and every piece perfect.

Once Sara and I awoke I saw Trebid standing near a wall, his completed transcription lying on the ground. He was dragging his nails along the wall, writing the spell again. Already the skin of his fingers was worn raw and he was leaving a trail of blood. We left him. I wonder what this madness would do to Sam…maybe his sense of duty…

God answer us.
DungeonPaladin.gif

Well folks, here it is. The finale of The Dark Dungeon, this project would not have been possible without the help of @Samrux so go do him a favor and check out his work.

The Dark Dungeon

Part 9

All has been lost. As we stumbled through the dark corridors of this Hell, I heard Sara’s sobs above all else. My heart is as heavy as lead, and thrice as dark. As we continued on our suicidal march, things became eerily still. As though we were on holy ground; I stopped suddenly, causing Sara to collide with my back.

We were on the edge of a large circular room, and in its center…huddled Sam. He looked so…small…so broken. I stood dumbfounded, but Sara…Sara sprung to action, she ran to him I only noticed too late the tenseness in his posture. It must have been instinct that drove him to act, as she got within arm’s reach, thinking to embrace our lost brother, he shot forward like a quarrel loosed from a crossbow. His left shoulder plowed into her stomach sending them both tumbling to the ground. Sara was pinned under Sam, and I saw his right hand rise into the air, balled into a cruel fist; he brought his fist down hard into her temple. There was a sickening crunch as Sara’s skull caved inward, the life leaving her.

As he pulled himself off of her body I heard him mutter. He was reciting the Litany of the Flows, the first prayer that any novice learns. His mind was broken and warped, but I couldn’t put him down like the rest. He was a brother to me…he was family. I turned and began to retrace the path to the exit as I walked down the corridor I thought I heard Sam…I thought I heard him say…Hal. I turned around then, and saw that he was gone with those skeletal fiends already tearing into Sara’s body. My friend is gone, and this fool errand has led to the death of our order.

God…has abandoned us.

DungeonPaladin.gif

And so ends the story that inspired me to rewrite my own.
Endless thanks to you, Matsu, for your work, and the inspiration that you relighted inside me. I am forever grateful.

This is a thing now. The context for this being made is amazing...and I shall leave it at that.

A woman who is much like a queen,
Her lovely words hidden and pure,
Whose deepest secrets we cannot hope to glean,
Her heart unwavering, and her presence sure.

Her hair is a lovely raven black,
Her skin as pale as new fallen snow,
Next to her all others surely lack,
How such beauty is attained none do know.

Her moods are a wild erratic dance,
She flits and flitters like a dragonfly,
When simply near her I fall into a trance,
All others seem dull when she is nearby.

To my deepest heart you hold the key,
I wish you would use it my dear Tsuki.

@W1K threatened to beat me up if I didn't make this.

This is a story for our favorite coder,
A maker of dreams and fantastic mods,
Though many would say a free loader,
As weird as any born from pods.

From the fabled land of Not Italy,
A place of pasta and meaty sauce,
The land where pizza is given free,
Many who visit are at a loss.

The user of the phrase,“ayy? lmao?”
A player of games both old and new,
The cleverness of it would wrinkle any brow,
Many would kill to be in W1K’s crew.

My dear chum W1K,
I wonder why you are so slick.

I made this to win back @Suweeka

A being well acquainted with the muse,
A lover of all things drawn and painted,
Whose artistic talent many choose,
With whom many wish they were acquainted.

Of burning cyan Oni's passion rages,
A thinker and knower of all things art,
Filling sketchbooks of many pages,
From whom a pencil is never apart.

Creator of Haqu whom we love most of all,
A master of chibi and animals too,
On artistic legs standing so tall,
Maybe one day the Oni will draw you.

Your art touches us so much my lovely Suweeka,
Nothing rhymes with Suweeka.

Last edited:
Back