Game Mechanics Maximum Buffs.

Dran_____

Terrarian
There is one thing that annoys me, and that is the limit to amount of buffs you can have active. It has messed me up on several occasions during bossfights. It is especially annoying if I end up getting too close to something else on the map that gives me an additional buff, and it ends up canceling one of my important buffs like Endurance or Ironskin, leading to my death. I think this should be changed without a doubt. It is just frustrating that because of moving a bit too close to somewhere that gives me a buff loses me the fight.

Wow, I didn't even notice that there was a limit... I wonder if that is why my buff-outs don't seem to be working right. I just thought they didn't show on the screen, but assumed they were still working. Yet another "game rule" that has no warning, explanation, or even a justification for being limited. It's not like these buffs are super-powerful!

But now I know why my minions seem to randomly despawn, for no reason too! What a horrible system.

Obviously, I second this suggestion and wish to add a "buff-out button", so we can setup a quick top-off of expired buff-potions, without having to stop and drink ten individual potions with two-clicks each, per potion, in the heat of battle. It's as bad as having to select a heal potion, with our armed hand, then ALSO have to click again to drink it, then select the weapon again. Mana and health should have a single-click option to click and drink, without having to switch away from a weapon and then switch back to the weapon again. (I can understand not being able to attack while drinking, but OMG, what a horrible inconvenience using potions is in this game. I need 40 fingers and a safe-house, just to stay alive sometimes!)

I think it has been a lot better since I got my shield upgraded with all the negative buff protections from the ankh thing... (But I use a lot of temp-buffs from fires, the black cat, gnomes which is a "blind luck buff that doesn't show", and heart and star lamps, and my crescent moon charm that turns me into a werewolf/merman. Guess those are knocking my potion buffs off my list too! When I set-up an arena... I SET-UP an arena!)

Last edited:
Obviously, I second this suggestion and wish to add a "buff-out button", so we can setup a quick top-off of expired buff-potions, without having to stop and drink ten individual potions with two-clicks each, per potion, in the heat of battle. It's as bad as having to select a heal potion, with our armed hand, then ALSO have to click again to drink it, then select the weapon again. Mana and health should have a single-click option to click and drink, without having to switch away from a weapon and then switch back to the weapon again. (I can understand not being able to attack while drinking, but OMG, what a horrible inconvenience using potions is in this game. I need 40 fingers and a safe-house, just to stay alive sometimes!)
This is already a thing, Quick Buff, Quick Heal and Quick Mana keys are in the controls.

As for the suggestion, I support. I almost lost to a modded boss because I was a little too prepared and the game decided that my bunny and shadow orb were more important than my butterfly minion army, and while I did laugh it off and won the battle, there's going to be a day where it happens again and I don't notice in time.

Wow, I didn't even notice that there was a limit... I wonder if that is why my buff-outs don't seem to be working right. I just thought they didn't show on the screen, but assumed they were still working. Yet another "game rule" that has no warning, explanation, or even a justification for being limited. It's not like these buffs are super-powerful!

But now I know why my minions seem to randomly despawn, for no reason too! What a horrible system.

I think it has been a lot better since I got my shield upgraded with all the negative buff protections from the ankh thing... (But I use a lot of temp-buffs from fires, the black cat, gnomes which is a "blind luck buff that doesn't show", and heart and star lamps, and my crescent moon charm that turns me into a werewolf/merman. Guess those are knocking my potion buffs off my list too! When I set-up an arena... I SET-UP an arena!)
I started to question it too after I heard the sound that plays when summoning pets as I used buffs, and that my minions were gone, and I quickly figured it out after I went close to an area with campfire, heart lantern, star in a bottle and banners, and saw my inferno potion disappearing within a minute of me using the potion, and my minons that I had to re-summon disappeared again. And something else that makes it even worse is if you play as summoner and your minions disappear, and you actually have to switch to summoning weapon to re-summon them one by one in the middle of the boss fight... And then you accidentally go too close to furniture that gives buffs again, and they disappear yet again.

Back
Top Bottom