NPCs & Enemies Mech slime?!

Should red add a mech slime?

• Three mechanical bosses are enough...

• Yes! It would be cool to get that hero armour!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Them8

Terrarian
So I thought maybe 505 would add another mechanical boss, the mech slime. It will release probes like the destroyer and bounce on the player repeatedly, however before the mech slime can be hurt, all the probes must have detached from it, and then killed. This will allow the mech slime to be attacked. After 20000 he has been taken off it, it's core will open, exposing a mess of wire. Then 10000 health must be taken from its core to defeat it. Here are some poorly drawn sketches Screenshot_2016-03-17-08-33-16.png Screenshot_2016-03-17-08-28-13.png after this difficult boss has been defeated, it will start an event where probes will start to spawn, and unlike the destroyer and mech slimes probes, these probes will drop an item called scrap metal, which can be used to craft hero armour, but that armour will be my next thread.

Cool! But why won't you put armor into this thread too? That doesn't really make sense to create multiple threads for almost the same topic.

Good, but maybe have it as a side mech, so you don't need to defeat it to defeat plantera?

Last edited:
Of all of the boss monsters I'd consider turning into a mech, the King Slime is probably the very last one on my list. The concept of a slime is that it is an organic living bio-structure with a lot of soft bounciness and liquid. That would not be something that could be converted into a machine. Slimes also do not have a body structure or limbs to speak of, so it's not even possible to replace organic parts of it with inorganic machine parts. Arguably, the only way I could see it work is if it were a machine coated in Mercury. It's a liquid metal once commonly used in temperature gauges.

But the boss concept itself isn't a bad one. What stuck out to me is having to knock off all of the probes before the main body can be damaged. That's sort of a blend of the Golem and The Destroyer. Agreed with the comment above. It would be better to have your Hero Armor concept in this thread instead of a completely different one. And as a minor suggestion, maybe have some additional items that could be crafted using those Scrap Metal parts, like blocks, weapons, and tools.

Cool! But why won't you put armor into this thread too? That doesn't really make sense to create multiple threads for almost the same topic.
Sorry, this is my second thread. I'm really new to this.
[doublepost=1459339042,1459338989][/doublepost]
Of all of the boss monsters I'd consider turning into a mech, the King Slime is probably the very last one on my list. The concept of a slime is that it is an organic living bio-structure with a lot of soft bounciness and liquid. That would not be something that could be converted into a machine. Slimes also do not have a body structure or limbs to speak of, so it's not even possible to replace organic parts of it with inorganic machine parts. Arguably, the only way I could see it work is if it were a machine coated in Mercury. It's a liquid metal once commonly used in temperature gauges.

But the boss concept itself isn't a bad one. What stuck out to me is having to knock off all of the probes before the main body can be damaged. That's sort of a blend of the Golem and The Destroyer. Agreed with the comment above. It would be better to have your Hero Armor concept in this thread instead of a completely different one. And as a minor suggestion, maybe have some additional items that could be crafted using those Scrap Metal parts, like blocks, weapons, and tools.
Good idea!

I think that the mech slime should exist, but without the armor, just a cool weapon, like a gun that shoots little probes with slime falling off and hurting enemies.

I donno, man, slime and machines just don't go together very well. Sometimes you can make something interesting by combining two things that don't seem to go together, but I'm not convinced on this one.

Back
Top Bottom