Weapons & Equip Mech tier accesories for all classes

Captain Cobalt

Skeletron
I have an idea for some accessories dropped from the mechanical bosses.

They are

Robot arm
Increases attack speed of all melee weapons.

Eye laser sight
Turns all bullets into Nano Bullets
Tooltip: "I'll be back."

Cursed gel
Chance to make enemies only able to melee attack
(like a gastropod could not fire it's laser, it would charge you instead)

Probe core
+1 minion and a free probe that shoots a laser dealing 25 damage that will float around the player.
(note the probe does not take up minion capacity.)

I need sprites for this if you have the time.

Give any feedback.

Last edited:
How exactly are these supposed to be obtained? Which mechanical boss drops what? What's the drop rate?

I don't see much use for the Robot Arm. The next swords available after Mechs are Excalibur, True Excalibur, TNE and Terra Blade. Two of which already have auto-reuse. Then we have two chlorophyte swords, one of which that autoswings. Lastly, we have THB(auto) from Pumpkin Moon, and Christmas Tree Sword(not-auto) from Frost Moon.

That's a total of four weapons usable with the accessory. Not worth it.

Nor do I want to use Eye laser sight. Meteor shots don't work well with rapid-fire guns(which is what you have in HM) thanks to its piercing ability. Not to mention you can have access to some of the best bullets as soon as you enter HM(Crystal, Ichor, Explosive). Meteor shots, at this point, are redundant and weak.

Changing the arrows into the Pulse Bow's arrow would just make the latter redundant. The Pulse Bow has a unique projectile, and it should remain so to avoid redundancy.

Cursed Gel is... strange, really. We already have cursed flames to inflict the debuff, and it has enough range for a quick weapon change if you want to inflict it.

Probe core needs a bit more elaboration. Does it mean one will have a free probe minion when the accessory is equipped? Will we have one probe for each minion summoned? Will it replace one the minions summoned into a probe?

Lastly, I don't like them because they drop from the bosses. Those goddamn souls and hallowed bars need more uses, which make them perfect for crafting materials for new mech-tier items.

I only like probe core so far.

Back
Top Bottom