Switch Medusa Debuff infinite

Zarrah

Spazmatism
I have discovered an glitch/bug involving Medusa and my character. I was in the forest looking for planteras bulb in one of my alternate worlds that has crimson when a Medusa petrified me in the marble biome.

I was waiting for the debuff to clear when I realized the debuff was in the negatives. I waited until it got to -200s . I finally shutdown the game, without manually saving however I do have autosave on. I went back into the game but my character was still turned to stone with the petrified debuff, but was at my home base. So I went into my main world with the same character and she was still turned to stone, even in a completely different world. I am unable to play the game, unless I make a new character, even then I’m unable to get all my current armor and weapons because she’s turned to stone and unable to do anything.

I have some pictures showing the issue. Is there a way around this? I really hope I don’t have to wait months for this to get fixed/for me to be able to play Terraria again. This has never happened to me before, not sure what happened. Maybe it’s armor/certain weapons. Please help. As you can see in the picture I’m trying to move(wisp in a bottle isn’t floating above me) I’m unable to do anything, this is petrifying lol

If any other photos/info are needed I will be happy to provide them.

ETA: I did send in a ticket last night when this happened. Thought I would post here as well incase someone has a way around it until this is patched.

Attachments

• 7D4CC7AE-4037-40E5-A32A-8DBFBEBB4876.jpeg
    7D4CC7AE-4037-40E5-A32A-8DBFBEBB4876.jpeg
    833.4 KB · Views: 146
I have discovered an glitch/bug involving Medusa and my character. I was in the forest looking for planteras bulb in one of my alternate worlds that has crimson when a Medusa petrified me in the marble biome.

I was waiting for the debuff to clear when I realized the debuff was in the negatives. I waited until it got to -200s . I finally shutdown the game, without manually saving however I do have autosave on. I went back into the game but my character was still turned to stone with the petrified debuff, but was at my home base. So I went into my main world with the same character and she was still turned to stone, even in a completely different world. I am unable to play the game, unless I make a new character, even then I’m unable to get all my current armor and weapons because she’s turned to stone and unable to do anything.

I have some pictures showing the issue. Is there a way around this? I really hope I don’t have to wait months for this to get fixed/for me to be able to play Terraria again. This has never happened to me before, not sure what happened. Maybe it’s armor/certain weapons. Please help. As you can see in the picture I’m trying to move(wisp in a bottle isn’t floating above me) I’m unable to do anything, this is petrifying lol

If any other photos/info are needed I will be happy to provide them.

ETA: I did send in a ticket last night when this happened. Thought I would post here as well incase someone has a way around it until this is patched.
Hi @Zarrah, thanks for sharing this. :) There are others that have run into this as well.

If you can PVP with another player, have them join your game and kill you.

If you can't PVP, another workaround is to make a new character, have that character go into the map and mine blocks under the spot that your character will spawn in, and fill the hole with lava. Then have your original character enter the world, they'll spawn in lava and be killed, and that will hopefully remove the Stoned debuff. :)

Hi @Zarrah, thanks for sharing this. :) There are others that have run into this as well.

If you can PVP with another player, have them join your game and kill you.

If you can't PVP, another workaround is to make a new character, have that character go into the map and mine blocks under the spot that your character will spawn in, and fill the hole with lava. Then have your original character enter the world, they'll spawn in lava and be killed, and that will hopefully remove the Stoned debuff. :)

no need the lava layer, just dug deep enough to kill by fall damage (remove wings/armor reducing defense)

Ooh my gosh thank you!!! So glad I posted here too haha. Luckily in my alternate world I don’t spawn inside my house so I guess I’ll take my armor off and wait until night time for something to kill me, as I do not have the Nintendo online thing, so can’t do pvp. Thanks so much!! When in doubt, die! :nursegrin:

Back
Top Bottom