Sprites [Melee][Sword]The Master Sword

Pick your thoughts.

• I'm fine with having another sword made from the Broken Hero's Sword.

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • I like the sword itself.

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • I like the sword pedestal suggestion.

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • I like the sword sprite.

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • I like the pedestal sprite.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I like the projectile sprite.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I like the mechanical aspect of the pedestal.

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • I dislike the idea of having another sword made from the Broken Hero's Sword.

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
The Arkhalis is actually a reference to Castlevania Symphony of the Night. It dropping from the same place has nothing to do with the Master Sword

As for the Enchanted Sword, I am not sure if the reference to the Master Sword was intentional or not, but it makes sense? <shrugs>

The Arkhalis is actually a reference to Castlevania Symphony of the Night. It dropping from the same place has nothing to do with the Master Sword

As for the Enchanted Sword, I am not sure if the reference to the Master Sword was intentional or not, but it makes sense? <shrugs>
But the arkhalis has a very similar Sprite to the master sword, as well as a similar attack animation. Also, an enchanted sword shrine is a reference to zelda

No. NONONONOONONONONONOOONOONOONONONONONNOONNON...
More Zelda Refences? I like the effort put in and everything else but really. Zelda?

Being a huge fan of the Legend of Zelda, I fully support this idea, would love to see the blade of evil's bane in Terraria, because then I could cosplay as Link in Terraria... and then could I cosplay as the cosplay of Link????? Anyways, I like the idea, the projectile does seem a little large though, and I personally think it should be changed to be something more like Link to the Past's sword beam where it's a lot smaller, because it's difficult to represent an object meant for three dimensions, in two. A lot of the reason why the "disc" as we'll call it, is so large in Skyward Sword, is because it's about as thin as a piece of paper, which means you have to be more accurate in your sword beam-ing, and taking away that third dimension (the width) entirely removes that weakness. Now I realize this is Terraria and stuff is going to be more over powered in it, but it's hard to change the Master Sword in some way and not get constructive criticism (which is what this is trying to be). Again I love the idea, I just think the projectile needs a little tweaking.
- Your's truly, the one and only, (not) real Bob Saget

Being a huge fan of the Legend of Zelda, I fully support this idea, would love to see the blade of evil's bane in Terraria, because then I could cosplay as Link in Terraria... and then could I cosplay as the cosplay of Link????? Anyways, I like the idea, the projectile does seem a little large though, and I personally think it should be changed to be something more like Link to the Past's sword beam where it's a lot smaller, because it's difficult to represent an object meant for three dimensions, in two. A lot of the reason why the "disc" as we'll call it, is so large in Skyward Sword, is because it's about as thin as a piece of paper, which means you have to be more accurate in your sword beam-ing, and taking away that third dimension (the width) entirely removes that weakness. Now I realize this is Terraria and stuff is going to be more over powered in it, but it's hard to change the Master Sword in some way and not get constructive criticism (which is what this is trying to be). Again I love the idea, I just think the projectile needs a little tweaking.
- Your's truly, the one and only, (not) real Bob Saget
Thanks for the feedback. The loss of a third demension is a good point. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe I'll go back and change it if I get the chance.

haha nice! I was thinking of this idea for my possibly upcoming mod! Though my sprite is just a "repaired" look from the original broken hero sword
Hero_Sword.png

Using this "hero sword" alongside x amount of "sky iron" bars (didn't decide how many) which you craft by finding uru bars and cursed gold bars, once done you have crafted the "gram" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gram_(mythology)
Gram.png
(sprite is pretty bad when small, looks better close up, might redo this one) but yeah, this was just a cool idea i thought of :D

Yes, the Arkhalis is a reference to one of the rarest weapons in SotN with a very fast attack anination -- the Crissaegrim. And the Crissaegrim is dropped by a creature in the Inverted Castle called a "Schmoo", which is a ghost-like creature. Hence, the flavor text for the Arkhalis "I didn't get this off of a Schmoo..."

The Crissaegrim is slightly weaker than the strongest sword stat-wise, but it is one handed and the attack speed outpowers the stat-wise strongest sword.

So no, the Arkhalis is not a reference to the Master Sword, but the very slight chance out of a True Sword Shrine is a reference to how obscenely rare of a drop its imagined counterpart, the Crissaegrim, really is.

(It's also worth mentioning that the attack "blades" of the Arkhalis are a reference to the blades the Crissaegrim unleashes while attacking as well.)

Back
Top Bottom