Pixel Art Milt69466's Hammering Sprite Thread!

And now for the Kusanagi!

and I may as well include the whole lineage

kusanagi 2.png
->
kusanagi 3.png
->
kusanagi v2.png

I'd say something to help you improve your pixel art, but I can't think of anything else to improve.

Good job, milt, good job.

edit: nvm, you could work on your pixelwork. the lines are currently slightly jagged and sharp. Curve your lines a bit, use various shapes, don't be stiff in making pixels. Unless it is absolutely called for.

Your recent pieces have been better, but improvement is still possible. Darker outlines could also be used, more contrast never hurts, more saturation is also recommended and USE PURPLE, BECAUSE I :red:ING LOVE PURPLE.

Last edited:
Looking pretty awesome! While it is a definite improvement, though, the pseudo-pillowshading on the wings makes them look a bit.... lumpy? Kind of like they're inflated, with a seam between the colors.

Perhaps the shading between both colors should be done for the wings as a whole, instead of the black bits and the purple bits being shaded independently from one another. Either that or retain the shading of the black bits to give them volume, and adopt a flatter shading for the purple bits so they look more like blades.

Looking pretty awesome! While it is a definite improvement, though, the pseudo-pillowshading on the wings makes them look a bit.... lumpy? Kind of like they're inflated, with a seam between the colors.

Perhaps the shading between both colors should be done for the wings as a whole, instead of the black bits and the purple bits being shaded independently from one another. Either that or retain the shading of the black bits to give them volume, and adopt a flatter shading for the purple bits so they look more like blades.
Thanks for the advice!

The Shadow Mage V2 e.png

How's this?

A lot better! Haha, it's also probably more Terraria-styled like that, too. They look a bit more glowy this way, as well.

I couldn't describe what I was trying/going to suggest, so I started trying to throw together a quick paint mockup of the shading, but the more I look at it, the more unfeasible for spriting (especially in Terraria style) it seems. Plus, I got carried away.

Still, no reason to waste it, so here. Maybe you or someone else could use it as a reference for a less-spritey something or other some other time.

shadowwing.png

Back
Top Bottom