Game Mechanics Minecart things

Keeping momentum when hopping on a minecart is something I was going to suggest! Anyways, I would really appreciate it if this were possible somehow, although I haven't thought about it enough to figure out how that would work.

Regarding the second point, only affecting acceleration when moving downhill? I think messing with acceleration will cause problems, such as current minecart tracks not working and making it harder to manage tracks in general.

I'm pretty sure minecarts don't lose speed when you jump? If they don't, then yeah, this would be a good change.

I also agree with your second idea in theory, but this would also lead to minecarts losing speed when they go uphill, and I wouldn't want that.
i think this could be balanced out by making it increase speed a LOT when you've low MPH and not by much when you've high MPH

like instead of losing/gaining 2 mph per minecart track, it'd scale on your speed so it wouldn't just increase your speed by a lot when going down nor decrease it by a lot when going up

Back
Top Bottom