Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Nah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I leik mudkipz

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Arpiter

Terrarian
The miner would be a NPC that spawns in the world when you have atleast have mined 100 ore (so they have atleast they get the idea of ore)
He is shorter then the angler and he has a big red beard (he is basically a dwarf)
He would sell ores but with a catch he only has a set amount of ore that you can buy off him if you buy out something he will wait 5 in game hours before going mining (note buying out another thing does not reset the countdown) and when he goes mining it will say a message like "The *miner's name* went for more resources" and he will comeback after 4 ingame hours with replenished supplies and a message saying "The *miner's name* came back after a days work"
but as the game goes on he does get better ores like when you first get him he will only sell the first 4 metals like copper,iron,silver,gold
(he would only sell the ore your world has like copper is your world he sells you copper)
But when you beat the eater of worlds or brain of cthulhu he would start getting crimtane or demonite ore and when you beat the first 3 bosses (EoC,EaW/BoC,Skeleton) and you have went to hell he would start getting hellstone and when you get into hardmode (if you haven't beaten all of the people I mentioned he would start selling hellstone now) he would start selling the ore based on how many alters you smashed
5=cobalt/palladium
10=mythril,orichalcum
15=adamantite/titanium
"Hey Arpiter isn't that OP that he would start selling the hardmode ore immediately?"
No its not remember he only has a set amount of ores before going mining for a few hours before coming back
but after that he will not sell past titanium tier as hallowed bars don't have ore and without hallowed bars you can't get chlorophyte so he has no way of getting that so no more sitting around and waiting for him to get you stuff now is the time you get off your butt and do some work!
(also forgot to mention he sells other stuff besides ore)
Prices:
dirt:5 copper
stone:10 copper
Amethyst:8 silver
topaz:10 silver
sapphire:14 silver
emerald:18
ruby:25 silver
diamond:40 silver
amber:50 silver (Yay amber! o 57 o)
copper/tin:50 copper coins (buying copper with copper wow)
iron/lead:80 copper
silver/tungsten:1 silver (again paying for silver with silver)
gold/platinum:5 silver
demonite/crimtane:15 silver
hellstone:20 silver
cobalt/palladium:25 silver
mythril/orichalcum:35 silver
adamantite/titanium:40 silver

"Arpiter why are the prices low?"
Remember you are paying for ore not bars and so you can't make a profit off of making the bars cheap and selling them for more
"Well why are the gems overpriced?"
I made them cost more then what the sell for the real question is why do gems sell for so much?

Possible names:
Simon (Yogscast)
Grokk
Dalragthorchalkak (yes that is a dwarf name >:D)
Ba (still a dwarf name)
Ovkka
Nalak
Druili
Kilkak

Quotes:
"I been looking for my friend hes a blacksmith,He dropped a key I need to return to it to him" (WHERES THE BLACKSMITH?)
"I got all types of metal!"
"Feel good to be in the sun after being in the dark for ages" (says that after mining)
"I was not prepared for this fight" (blood moon)
"This is bad almost as bad as that dragon" (smaug reference)
"I like *demo's name* hes great for mining!, *arms dealer name* on the other hand..."
"The nurse told me to go to hell so I did and I found some neat stone!" (after you met the requirement for him to sell hellstone)
"No I do not "Diggy diggy hole" when I go mining!"

No support. Grox's GRealms had a Miner NPC very similar to this (sold bars, but much more expensive), and it essentially allowed me to skip all the mining in the game.

The "mining" limitation doesn't help, because I'd rather just AFK at home waiting for him than actually go mining myself.

Perhaps the requirement should be that he will only sell ores that you have picked up at least once. That way you aren't going to be able to skip ahead and get adamantite without getting the necessary hardware before hand.

Don't forget Urist. NEVER forget Urist.
Oh, and also, make him say "I remember when my pal went mad after sleeping on the ground. Half of the fortress went berzerk. 'Twas fun!"

Perhaps the requirement should be that he will only sell ores that you have picked up at least once. That way you aren't going to be able to skip ahead and get adamantite without getting the necessary hardware before hand.

I agree it might balance him out more and I think the prices were well placed

Back
Top Bottom