Items Mini suggestion: Move aglets to gold chests.

i think aglets should just be able to spawn as well as other wooden chest items such as boomerangs, so they couldn't be replaced during generation.

This is just another example of world generation not supporting multiplayer. Flippers, Ice Skates, Sandstorm in a Bottle, Radar, Aglet, Water Walking Boots, Fish, Seaweed and there are others. (*cough, biome chests.) I'm convinced the game is meant for each player to play single player until moons or bosses when they can work together. Or for multiplayer to take place after main game progression is complete. (Which is strange because many alterations have been made in the name of multiplayer or PvP balance.) Beyond that, heaven forbid a player want two of the same accessory with different modifiers without going through the painful reforging process each time. (Even with modern farming methods and money rolling of trees it is still too expensive.)

I get that the worlds can't be generated larger, nor can the game allow portals between worlds. But, this seems like a simple fix that 5 years into the game's lifetime should not still need to be brought up. Crates seemingly were made to fix these issues but only did half the job. (And fishing isn't a full solution anyway, it still takes 12 hours to get a golden fishing rod. Likely longer for the fishing accessories. Could comfortably finish the game in that time. Certainly a player could fish with the basics, but at a greatly reduced effectiveness.)

It bothers me how many threads are still asking for these fixes (for any one of the items I listed and other world gen items.) Here is a small list of ways to fix this.

#1 - Add to existing or create crates for the items.
#2 - Instance chests, same method as expert mode bags and defender medallions.
#3 - Allow more than one rare item per chest and increase spawn rate. (At 2-5% even x2 rare items may not be enough.)
#4 - Add the item or create a variant to the plentiful gold chests. (Like the OP suggested.)
#5 - Add them as enemy drops.
#6 - Add to an existing or create a new NPC shop.
#7 - A combination of the above to satisfy all items.

I apologize for adding items to the OP, but if the situation is being addressed anyway, people are only going to follow a change to Aglet with requests for changes in other world gen items. Issues with world gen really need to be addressed, since it is not really a viable solution for multiple players to hop from world to world to find items. (And I'm sick of rationing items between players.) I also don't want to hear that the player needs to look harder, third party tools have proven that many world gen items will spawn once or not at all on a given map. Luck can be a factor in finding an item, but luck should not be a factor in if a player can even obtain an item.

Sorry for the rant, this is a top issue I have with Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom