Weapons & Equip Minion Equipment Slot!

Should this be added to the game?

• Total voters

badramgad

Skeletron Prime
When Re-Logic first added slots to Terraria, I thought it made the players' life a lot easier, and it also gave the players a lot more space in their inventory as they don't need to put the items in the inventory since there's a place for them in the equipment section to be put in.

How did that make players' life easier? Well, players simply don't need to open their inventory and click on the items and summon their pets/mounts, they could simple put it in their specialized equipment slots, and the pets and the light pets would always be there, mounts can be summoned using the R key, grappling hooks can be easily used by pressing the E key, Cool minecarts could also be equipped there, etc. (I don't know if I missed anything)

The problem? Well, after checking a couple of times, an equipment section for minions such as the baby hornet and the pygmy warriors minions was no where to be found, and every time I time I have to summon my minions(I use the twins) manually. It's not really a huge deal but since I'm used to not summoning anything else manually I often forget to summon them when I die.

Don't forget to vote! And we can discuss this in the comments if you wish to :)

When Re-Logic first added slots to Terraria, I thought it made the players' life a lot easier, and it also gave the players a lot more space in their inventory as they don't need to put the items in the inventory since there's a place for them in the equipment section to be put in.

How did that make players' life easier? Well, players simply don't need to open their inventory and click on the items and summon their pets/mounts, they could simple put it in their specialized equipment slots, and the pets and the light pets would always be there, mounts can be summoned using the R key, grappling hooks can be easily used by pressing the E key, Cool minecarts could also be equipped there, etc. (I don't know if I missed anything)

The problem? Well, after checking a couple of times, an equipment section for minions such as the baby hornet and the pygmy warriors minions was no where to be found, and every time I time I have to summon my minions(I use the twins) manually. It's not really a huge deal but since I'm used to not summoning anything else manually I often forget to summon them when I die.

Don't forget to vote! And we can discuss this in the comments if you wish to :)
Well........... Why? When you think about it shouldnt you just summon them in manually. And wouldnt it just leach off your mana when you spawn in? And if im not wrong dont summoners usually have atleast two summons. So how would it regulate how much to spawn each(if there were two slots to fix this)summon you have? It would be kind of cool though to dye them though. Could use some work before i support.

Well........... Why? When you think about it shouldnt you just summon them in manually. And wouldnt it just leach off your mana when you spawn in? And if im not wrong dont summoners usually have atleast two summons. So how would it regulate how much to spawn each(if there were two slots to fix this)summon you have? It would be kind of cool though to dye them though. Could use some work before i support.
Well it would leach off your mana right when you respawn, but I don't thinka nyone uses that very few amount of mana that regenerates in almost not time right when they respawn.
[doublepost=1514050902,1514050884][/doublepost]
Well it would leach off your mana right when you respawn, but I don't thinka nyone uses that very few amount of mana that regenerates in almost not time right when they respawn.
Think anyone*

I'm a gunner and if I don't pull the trigger monsters don't die! What the hell, Re-Logic, why can't I put my gun into a special slot that auto-shoots it? Okay, maybe I went over the top slightly, but I hope you do get the idea.
Summoner pets are a weapon. You can actually beat the game using them only. The correct summoning process in a real ritual, with gear and mount swapping, swimming, possibly using specific statues and summoning minions at precise times. All to maximize the damage output. Minion mechanics are just too far from simple mechanics of light pets/mounts/carts/hooks.
About that mana cost of 10 - yeah, maybe we could remove it, but it'd open space for some abuses. Imp Staff would become the weapon of choice for everybody up to Hardmode, probably.

What if I want to use many summons at the same time? Will there be 10 slots for that?

And how about aiming with the summons if your current weapon also have a right click function?

What if I want to use many summons at the same time? Will there be 10 slots for that?

And how about aiming with the summons if your current weapon also have a right click function?
1 minion slot will unlock several others that can only be filled in with the same minion-type, the number of extra minions is determined by which minion is put in the first slot

God, stop talking about the small things and "resolving" them until you fixed the major problem?

And that is?
Uselessness of such a change? Well, not for you and your case, but at least for the people that actually use the thing.

Hmm, you know, at first I thought that forcing some change just out of your own laziness is a very selfish thing. But then I remembered the saying about laziness being the source of the progress.
Anyway, just for lazy people like you - minion slot will simply resummon a minion put in it (using mana or not is not as important) in quantity allowed by the minion cap. Summoners would just skip the slot altogether (keep it empty) and would do the proper summoning ritual on every death/login.

Well, the reason why I want a minion slot is 'cause everything else has a slot.

NOTE: It's true that I'm lazy

No-o-o, not everything else has a slot, especially weapons, man (well, unless you consider 1 to 0 to be "slots" that is), and we do talk about weapons here. You want it to make your life easier. And, well, it's understandable. And kinda doable.

By slots I meant like shortcut slots, like the pets' and the mount's slot. You don't need to use the summoning item to summon them anytime you want, put 'em in the slots and they'll always be there.
You have to press R for the mount tho, but it's better than opening your inventory, using the summoning item and then placing it back in the inventory, it'd be pretty annoying if you're fighting a hard foe and need to escape, pressing R is way easier.

I think instead of an equipment slot, a hotkey that uses all 'favorited' summon weapons would be much intuitive and easy to implement code-wise.

No, but it's not a hassle to push one button to resummon them all.
It's the same situation with mounts too.
You have to press R for the mount tho

Also, what about people who aren't really fighting. Personally, when I summon like 8 eyeballs from the Optic Staff and when I'm in my house, enclosed with blocks, the eyeballs tend to clog the house, leading me to cancel the buff of the summons, just so I can see better. With your suggestion, it would be much of a hassle to open the inventory, click the equipment slot and take off the summoning weapon/s out of the slot/s.

Take for example these screenshots from my house (I took these photos in a rush so sorry if they're not the same size).
Capture 2017-12-26 23_56_17.png
Capture 2017-12-26 23_57_13.png

This looks messy to me (for me at least). And those pics don't even include my pet and light pet!

I think your suggestion is pretty much useless (opinion pls don't hate) but its concept has potential. Resummoning minions really are a hassle for summoners and the problem is especially prominent in situations where you respawn off of a fight without all your minions to fight for you, leading to the possibilities of being spawn-camped. I hope Re-Logic does something about this. Cheers, mate.

Edit: The fact that your minions die with you might be a balancing agent though. I mean, you can technically beat bosses with one hand when you use summoning weapons so it might be best if we leave it to where it is right now?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom