Blocks & Decoration Mob Pennants - the opposite of banners

stormconure

Duke Fishron
whoa, I'm active again? what is this witchcraft
So did you know that mob banners actually decrease the spawn rate of their respective mobs? Or am I the only one who just recently found that out? Well for anyone who didn't know that they do that... they do. And it can be really annoying when you're trying to grind one specific type of enemy. You've got a trade-off on your hands: do I just ignore all these banners the game keeps giving me and fight my target like normal? Or do I place a banner, making the fights much easier at the cost of not encountering that enemy as often?

Well I have an idea for a way to overcome this obstacle: Pennants. Crafting any mob banner with a Water Candle will create a Pennant corresponding to that mob. When placed, pennants act just like water candles, but they only affect the spawn rate of their specific enemy. Unlike banners, they have no effect on your damage or defense against that enemy. So, placing both a banner and a pennant for the same mob will cause the spawn rate changes to be cancelled out, and you'll retain all of the banner buff effects without the decreased spawn rate. If a pennant is placed on its own, you'll be able to fight the mob as normal, with the exception that there will be a lot more of them.

Obviously, Pennants would only have any effect in areas where that mob already spawns naturally. So putting a Wyvern pennant in your underground base will do absolutely nothing.

Useful for mob grinders, or for anyone who wants to annoy their friends by hiding a Hellbat pennant near them while they're trying to build a WoF arena. Anyway, what do you think?

Sprite idea:
Zombie_Banner_(placed).png
->
zombie-pennant.png

yes I'm fully aware that's a reskinned Goblin Battle Standard, if anyone has a BETTER idea please enlighten me

whoa, I'm active again? what is this witchcraft
So did you know that mob banners actually decrease the spawn rate of their respective mobs? Or am I the only one who just recently found that out? Well for anyone who didn't know that they do that... they do. And it can be really annoying when you're trying to grind one specific type of enemy. You've got a trade-off on your hands: do I just ignore all these banners the game keeps giving me and fight my target like normal? Or do I place a banner, making the fights much easier at the cost of not encountering that enemy as often?

Well I have an idea for a way to overcome this obstacle: Pennants. Crafting any mob banner with a Water Candle will create a Pennant corresponding to that mob. When placed, pennants act just like water candles, but they only affect the spawn rate of their specific enemy. Unlike banners, they have no effect on your damage or defense against that enemy. So, placing both a banner and a pennant for the same mob will cause the spawn rate changes to be cancelled out, and you'll retain all of the banner buff effects without the decreased spawn rate. If a pennant is placed on its own, you'll be able to fight the mob as normal, with the exception that there will be a lot more of them.

Obviously, Pennants would only have any effect in areas where that mob already spawns naturally. So putting a Wyvern pennant in your underground base will do absolutely nothing.

Useful for mob grinders, or for anyone who wants to annoy their friends by hiding a Hellbat pennant near them while they're trying to build a WoF arena. Anyway, what do you think?

Sprite idea:
View attachment 262482 -> View attachment 262483
yes I'm fully aware that's a reskinned Goblin Battle Standard, if anyone has a BETTER idea please enlighten me
This is so smart, they should defenetly add it into 1.4

Back
Top Bottom