Resolved [Mobile] Constant Crashing (iOS 11.4.1)

Thetalad

Terrarian
Every single time I make any advancement, major or minor, the game crashes. I spent so damn long trying to make a yo-yo, and as soon as I got the resources my game crashed, sending me back to before I even ventured out to get said resources. I understand that the mobile update is fresh out of the oven, but Christ, it’s amazing that such a significant bug made it out. Thanks to all of the team who worked on the mobile update, I hope you guys see this.

Every single time I make any advancement, major or minor, the game crashes. I spent so damn long trying to make a yo-yo, and as soon as I got the resources my game crashed, sending me back to before I even ventured out to get said resources. I understand that the mobile update is fresh out of the oven, but Christ, it’s amazing that such a significant bug made it out. Thanks to all of the team who worked on the mobile update, I hope you guys see this.
Hi there @Thetalad, welcome to the forums. :)

What type of iOS device are you playing on? I’ve used my iPad Air 2 and iPhone SE (both not the newest and greatest devices) and have played flawlessly for months.

What type of world are you playing on - a world created before the update, a world you downloaded, or a world created after the update? And what size world? You are going to have much better performance on small worlds than medium or large worlds. Some devices just can’t handle more than a small world.

I also suggest rebooting your device, killing all other apps, turning down/disabling options in the settings like background, screen effects, frameskip, etc, and making sure your device is not jam packed to the brim. Excess storage isn’t a requirement to play, but like any computer that’s nearing the end of empty storage it can lead to a poorer performing device.

iOS.
What device do you have?
Specifically iPhone 6
[doublepost=1567452927,1567452808][/doublepost]
Hi there @Thetalad, welcome to the forums. :)

What type of iOS device are you playing on? I’ve used my iPad Air 2 and iPhone SE (both not the newest and greatest devices) and have played flawlessly for months.

What type of world are you playing on - a world created before the update, a world you downloaded, or a world created after the update? And what size world? You are going to have much better performance on small worlds than medium or large worlds. Some devices just can’t handle more than a small world.

I also suggest rebooting your device, killing all other apps, turning down/disabling options in the settings like background, screen effects, frameskip, etc, and making sure your device is not jam packed to the brim. Excess storage isn’t a requirement to play, but like any computer that’s nearing the end of empty storage it can lead to a poorer performing device.
iPhone 6. Haven’t tried rebooting my phone. Thanks for you kindness, internet stranger.

Keep in mind, your phone only meets the minimum requirements for mobile Terraria. As Unit mentioned, you will need to be playing on a small world. Is that what you're on?

Back
Top Bottom